Motors replaced

Reaction score
phantom 3 advanced Hello all I’ve recently noticed a noise from one on my motors order full set. Listened to see if I could identify which it was marked it up turned off removed battery replaced motors didn’t resolder just cut wires and crimped terminals in all back together turned on all seemed normal went to manually start motors got ESC Error turned off restart same error again any ideas or help would great

phantom 3 advanced Hello all I’ve recently noticed a noise from one on my motors order full set. Listened to see if I could identify which it was marked it up turned off removed battery replaced motors didn’t resolder just cut wires and crimped terminals in all back together turned on all seemed normal went to manually start motors got ESC Error turned off restart same error again any ideas or help would great

The motor wires are well insulated beyond just the outer colored jacket as they also form the internal coils.

Crimping will not provide the necessary connection integrity either.

Wires need to be soldered to the main PCB pads for guaranteed results.

Reactions: Oso
I've taken the crimpit connectors out soldered in wires and the motors still will not run still getting the same esc error

I've taken the crimpit connectors out soldered in wires and the motors still will not run still getting the same esc error
Did you clean off the wires? They are enameled aside from the outer insulation as noted earlier. Not doing this when replacing motors is a very common oversight.

Sorry to hear this. I cannot offer more advice other than to verify your work. It is not possible to do much troubleshooting without test equipment beyond just a DMM.

Oso makes a good point which is similar to my suggestion to verify workmanship.

Yes I did sand the wires I didn’t solder the wires onto the board I put joins in. As I had cut the wire short from the motor as the video I saw did the same

Are you sure no two wired are shorted? You might toast your esc.

When you say two wires are shorted do you mean in each wire

You got to ensure each connection is isolated/ insulated from other connections. ESC error message appears when it usually sees over current or way different from the desired current.

Any idea what current is supposed to be
As the centre board is rated at 60A maximum, I would guesstimate around 14 A per motor. An ESC error is, as suggested above, possibly an indicator that one or more of the motors is pulling more than it should.

You changed all 4 motors and I would presume, reused the existing motor mounting screws. Even so, maybe one or more of the screws has perforated the static motor windings somewhere. Note that free-spinning of the propellers is not a guide as to whether this has happened.

If you've carefully re-checked the soldered connections that you have made, then a very careful visual inspection of the motor windings could at least confirm or exclude that possibility.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Well today I’ve done a full strip down one by one replaced wire with thicker wire scolded on to the main board sorted working again but can still here a bit of noise but will test fly and see how she goes thanks all for your help

Reactions: David_Cambridge
Well today I’ve done a full strip down one by one replaced wire with thicker wire scolded on to the main board sorted working again but can still here a bit of noise but will test fly and see how she goes thanks all for your help
Yerp - elektrikery can sometimes be a tricky thing... :)

Please do let us know if all is sorted out OK!

Been silent awhile.

Noise is kind of non descriptive. There will be noise. The proof is is how it flies. At the risk of being judgemental there was likely no issue to begin with. Use motor temp after flight to determine an issue with them. Not an absolute temp but that they are all similar. Fingers work fine to test this.

Seems you have eliminated the ESC errors????

If so, proof of the advice given during that period of troubleshooting?

i swapped my motors whit tmotors.. but if i where going to do it again i would change to orginal ones and but t motor 9x3 cabon pops.. they are loudh but the drone are more responsive and faster using those props,...

esc board possibly as mentioned above, if it is a separate board as in p2, otherwise I suspect soldering technique

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.