ESC error on all four motors after self repair

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently crashed my drone and cracked the shell. I decided to do a self repair and took apart the casing to put it into a new one. Instead of soldering the motor wires off and then back onto the board, I cut the wires and soldered them together in the middle. When I put the drone back together, it displayed ESC error on all four motors. Why might this be, and could I solve it myself, without having to send it in?

Hello,

I recently crashed my drone and cracked the shell. I decided to do a self repair and took apart the casing to put it into a new one. Instead of soldering the motor wires off and then back onto the board, I cut the wires and soldered them together in the middle. When I put the drone back together, it displayed ESC error on all four motors. Why might this be, and could I solve it myself, without having to send it in?
Welcome.

Did you carefully strip the enameling (coating) from the motor wires before splicing? We don’t recommend splicing, but if it’s done that enameling needs to come off with sand paper or some other means. Note that this is a coating in the wire itself. This is not the plastic insulation.

,,if you do a search with the search logo top right of screen you will see the issue this causes,,there's more than enough room and solder on the board to desolder or melt with a good soldering iron,not one that takes ages to work or it just heat the board up,if not have the tools ask around if someone can do this for you,wont cost you much and be done good
Screenshot_20210729-082701_Chrome.jpg

Hello,

Hello,

Hello Lucas I cordially greet you regarding your query, I wish to add the following to the answers that have already been sent to you, you should worry about cleaning each of the motor cables beforehand before rejoining us with solder, the other is that you must respect the colors for the union of these, the other thing is that you must maintain the same location of the motors where they correspond. Remember that the motors turn two of them in one direction and the other two in the other direction, so that you do not have problems with the direction of rotation of the propellers. If you respected the location of each motor, the problem may be what has already been described, that the motor cables were poorly welded, check each joint, clean the welds and redo each joint respecting the colors of each wire. Good luck! ??

Hello,

I learned the hard way of trying to solder the wires back together as I lost a motor 350 Feet up and crashed the drone all because I soldered the wires on one motor. I was even aware of the coating and scraped it off .But it broke under a load and I lost the drone. I would not trust a soldering of the wires no matter how good you are at cleaning the wires and soldering them back together.
At this point, your better off buying 4 new motors and re-solder them to the board as it was when manufactured. Its extremely difficult to get enough of the coating off for a solid soldering job. If one of the 12 wires you need to solder, there's a good chance one will fail.
All 4 motors are the same motor as its how there connected to which way they rotate. You don't need to buy 2 left and 2 right. Just get the bare motors and use your old prop connectors. You will save money buying them without the mounts. These motors are bi-directional ! (2312s) I've seen them as low as $5 each on ebay without the mounts. Up to $20 with the mounts. Don't be fooled, they are all the same motor ! Just match the colors printed on the ECS connection.

Good Luck !

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav