Motor Arm Reinforcements Void DJI Warranty

Reaction score
I own the aluminum and composite motor arm reinforcements and have been hesitant to install them for a couple of reasons. 1. I currently have no stress cracks. and, 2. DJI representative said that they, if installed, void all warranties for their products.

I spoke with a DJI rep and he stated that even if there is an internal malfunction and crash deemed not pilot error that they will not honor any warrant for the bird.

I know what you may be thinking, if you crash, take them off and no one will know. But, do the motor screws have any sort of seal on them that may show that they were removed?

Anyone thought about this/have knowledge about this? Are they worth the risk:benefit?

I own the aluminum and composite motor arm reinforcements and have been hesitant to install them for a couple of reasons. 1. I currently have no stress cracks. and, 2. DJI representative said that they, if installed, void all warranties for their products.
I spoke with a DJI rep and he stated that even if there is an internal malfunction and crash deemed not pilot error that they will not honor any warrant for the bird.
I know what you may be thinking, if you crash, take them off and no one will know. But, do the motor screws have any sort of seal on them that may show that they were removed?
Anyone thought about this/have knowledge about this? Are they worth the risk:benefit?
Very few Phantoms ever develop cracking and if you are unlucky enough to get one, DJI will cover it.
You are trying to prevent something that will probably never happen anyway.

Reactions: gavinh
Yep. Waste of money.

People often tend to forget that forums are generally for complaints and issues. When was the last time you saw a thread that someone posted up saying "No stress cracks - yay!!"?

Plus it adds needless weight.

I had zip-ties on the ends of my arms on the year-old P3P I just sent in for repair. They still covered if for free. They seem to be easy to work with on the cracking issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic