Motion tracked line on video

Reaction score
Hi,

I have taken an aerial video along the route of a trail and I would like to add a red line on the ground marking the trail. It would have to be motion tracked so it stays in position with the landscape. The line has to reach out of the shot so it continues in front as the flyover progresses. Can anyone point me in the right direction of the simplest way of achieving this? I have access to Final Cut X, Premiere Pro and After Effects.

Thanks!
Julian

Hi,

I have taken an aerial video along the route of a trail and I would like to add a red line on the ground marking the trail. It would have to be motion tracked so it stays in position with the landscape. The line has to reach out of the shot so it continues in front as the flyover progresses. Can anyone point me in the right direction of the simplest way of achieving this? I have access to Final Cut X, Premiere Pro and After Effects.

Thanks!
Julian
I've had to add some motion tracking in the past and can't imagine trying to describe how to do it in a single paragraph. Best suggestion I have is YouTube. The learning curve can be steep if you're unfamiliar with video editing but you definitely have access to the right tools.

I used Premier Pro to animate a dot around the perimeter of my home. It worked well without having to go to After Effects. Here is a YouTube tutorial on animating a line in Premier Pro. It appears to be what you are looking for.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: LarBear360

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31