Most frustrating thing ive bought

Reaction score
After 2 whole batteries i have yet to even get a single flight. P4P Advanced+ with the integrated screen.

Opened box, joined DJI, registered drone, batteries charged, managed to update the controller. Controller links to drone. Can not update the drone, keeps saying i need up update the aircraft to the latest version. The aircraft is locked. Ive downloaded DJI GO and it can't find it with wireless. Cant do anything with the app on my android and using the usb to the drone either. Cant reset the wireless on the drone as the app explains. I hold the button for 6 second nothing, 9 seconds nothing. Ive downloaded DJI Assistant 2 on the laptop and the desktop and physically plugged the drone in. Nothing happens. Just sits there with all red lights and the assistant never recognizes it. The LED on the drone above the mini usb port now just always stays orange, it used to be green sometimes. Nothing in the instruction book says anything about this and the tutorial video a helpful memeber gave me was great but my drone just doesnt even connect. Is this thing broken or am i just an idiot? I got this for hearing how easy it is but after almost 10 hours and its basically not even functional im about to say its the worst money ive ever spent.

Tips for a frustrated noob? Really considering just getting something else if i go thru another 10 hours of this tomorrow. Thanks.

When you enter the dji pro 4 app, there should be a little text with Phantom update- make sure you have a sd card on both controller and drone. Click on that text and it will have you connect to the drone via USB. Once you're connected you should start downloading. Once that's done you have to upload it to the drone while it's plugged to the controller. After that restart drone and controller and make sure your controller is updated and you're ready to fly.

Do you remember when you got your first "smart phone". Wasn't so easy to figure out, but once you did you wouldn't trade it back in for a flip would you? Patience.

Anxiously waiting for battery charges to finish,did not have an SD card in the controller but i do now and am ready to give it another shot. Thanks, thats true about the smart phones!

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Wont connect. Plugged in and everything. Drone never shows up on wifi, lights are always solid red. Doesnt work everything im trying including the suggestion.

FINALLY got assistant to work. Will just post my own progress here as i go. Finally getting the upgrade, at about 13% now. Looking forward to possibly flying tomorrow lmao what a day

Froze at 58% last night for a looong time, i just let it go and prayed... battery just died, it was plenty full to begin. After letting it sit and drain another full battery overnight (i heard that letting it sit fixes the issue where you can not find the upgrade link in assistant 2, which is exactly what happened) i fnally managed to have toe option to upgrade again today. Made it to 89% and its been sitting here frozen for an hour and a half. Im going to let this battery die in it and recharge it and let it sit and die then recharge it and try this again. Seriously considering just returning this thing Monday morning. Its absolutely freaking ridiculous how much bs is associated with this. They make it sound lielke youll he flying basically out of the box.

I that when i turned it on and it asked to upgrade i should not have upgraded the remote first. Honestly wtf is wrong with this company not to tell you in the dialog box to at least upgrade the bird first.

It is a Phantom 4 Advanced +

Reactions: KingDad1985
Oh and with an INTEGRATED CONTROLLER so ive no idea how in the world I'm going to downgrade the RC firmware since ive tried to connect the integrated controller to both my devices with DJI Go 4 app and they won't recognize tje controller.

Is it to late for you to return it for a refund? Knowing what I know now that is EXACTLY what I would do if I still could. Your troubles now or only the beginning of the nightmares you will have. DJI has really gone down hill lately with all the terrible firmware updates and HORRIBLE NFZ bs grouding MANY MANY people. Of course the DJI butt kissers will chime in shortly and deny any problems. Just take a look at the treads though and you will soon see the truth.

Im going to give their customer service a call tomorrow they deserve a chance to try to help me get in the air.

Im going on a date, and im bringing it. cant sit around with this thing another full day. Going to charge it, put the battery in, let it die while were out. If it was a first date i wouldn't do this lol but i need to try and have it ready to update again before bed. Goog to keep searching online how to reset this controller first, since that seems to be my last issue.

I either get another drone, im good with the toy drones, so i really do not need all this crash avoidance. But that's why i wanted this, to become lazy. I just want some nice easy footage. Or else i keep this one depending on the phone call tomorrow. These wait times i read on their site about months for turn around times are scaring me. Id much rather raise h*** at the store and get my cash back, i use cash for everything to make it easier. Dont care if there's a restocking fee at this point.

View media item 3762
Sitting here waiting for it to die so hopefully the link to upgrade will appear again tonight. And so you know im not lying about owning this drone.

James is right your best bet is to get your money back. Calling DJI will only add to your frustration. Many threads on this issue of the latest firmware update. It seems as if its the P4P+ people have the most trouble. Good luck with your decision.

Well on a final update, i got it to work after 3 days. Literally about to box it up, dji was friendly and had me do some nonessential things because ihad done them already. Floated their boat and basically just retried the bird update. Turns out luckily it picked up at 89% and installed. Controller says NO ERRORS.

Wasted 3 days but were going to go see if im lucky enough not to have any problems with the new firmware. Im just glad to most likely get off the ground. Appreciate the replies, even the ones about taking it back because i know this may be a bad experience yet abd will be extra cautious.

I CAN CONFIRM that you can update the bird AFTER the remote. It just might take a few days and a few batteries. Update picks up where it froze the last time. P.S. When the link on Assistant 2 does not appear, i charged the battery to 100% let it die in the drone, recharged it and waited til the next morning and the link shows up again in the Assistant 2 app.

I don't know, mine upgraded the bird first, it did not ask. Then I had to go up to the upper right on DJI Go 4 and select "Update RC". Not sure why yours did it differently, maybe it is because of the P4P+ screen?
BQ

I don't know, mine upgraded the bird first, it did not ask. Then I had to go up to the upper right on DJI Go 4 and select "Update RC". Not sure why yours did it differently, maybe it is because of the P4P+ screen?
BQ
would you happen to be in Bakersfield CA?

I had loads of trouble when I first got Mine. Got a dud, tried the DJI support, that's a joke. But at least I bought it from a shop and got a replacement. But that threw an eppy and went straight up into a tree, without Me doing anything. Got another replacement. Been fine ever since. It's the best thing ever. I take it everywhere, just in case. Awesome bit of kit. The Forums here are so helpful. Stick with it, it's worth it. [emoji106]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl