More channels hack

All these channels were there to begin with right? No questions about that. If they were not productive then why did DJI choose to keep them in? Not only keep them in but have it auto configured to select the best of 32 channels! Then right around 2 months ago people's range started to dwindle.....at that time they cut back the channels by a lot for an unknown reason possibly license agreement or fees associated with more frequencies, I don't know nor does anyone at this point. But for some reason DJI only included 8 channels and 8 of the most congested channels out there! 13 to 20 light up red all the time by me and the few places I've traveled to. I do know for a 100% fact that flying on these red spiked channels gets me 1200 feet repeatedly around my spaceship. Now when I manually switch to the upper channels 30,31, 32 there is no action at all on these channels and I can easily double my distance in the same spot. Now something is responsible for that. And I will restate that our channel 13 is NOT the restricted frequency some think it is. 1-32 is an internal numerical delineation by DJI as channel 13 has a lot of action on it from wifi activity in a number of areas I've traveled to. So to sum it up, we can all continue to question how and why regarding these extra channels, but not , in my opinion, the fact that they work or not.

Used channel 9 and took this flight...4800' @ 650' elevation.

Although one might not expect much WiFi activity in this location, I did see intermittent spikes of activity on channels 13 - 20.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Does anyone know if the hack works on 1.1.2? (I am waiting to update until after a upcoming vacation...)

I'm just glad this mod showed back up when it did. I do know in testing the android GO app had the worst reception I have every experienced with the P3. I had my quad around 125ft altitude and I walked between one of my trees and the video broke up along with green screen flashes. This has never happened with any other app/firmware combo. And then something else I never experienced was the app and tablet itself forced into complete reboots. At 1st I thought it was mostly related to the amount of processes that were taxing the cpu. I was running a screen recorder along with the app. But it rebooted on me again while in flight, and this last time I didn't have the screen recorder running at all. So it was my opinion that the screws had been adjusted to reduce distance even a little more.

Do you think this will survive future f/w updates (should you decide to do so)?

I'm sure if there was an FCC or other govt. request for the channel/BW 'reduction' that DJI will be looking to closing the loop-hole.

I'm sure if there was an FCC or other govt. request for the channel/BW 'reduction' that DJI will be looking to closing the loop-hole.

So I assume you must think the extra channels are out of band as well. I briefly looked for special use and could not find anything.

So apparently this will not work in DJI GO. So I need to downgrade back to 1.2.0 of the DJI Pilot app. Where can I get that and is it just uninstall from iOS and then reinstall?

I read through thread after thread but haven't found this answer on this monsterous thread.

Well they closed them for a reason. My guess is that it was DJI that pulled the plug because they either had to or because they were going to have to pay for more channels. Either way I made backup copied of the firmware and DJI go 2.0. I can live with this firmware and app if need be and forfeit future upgrades so long as I have all the channels.

It works in my 1.2.0. So it doesn't work at all in DJI GO?

Well they closed them for a reason. My guess is that it was DJI that pulled the plug because they either had to or because they were going to have to pay for more channels. Either way I made backup copied of the firmware and DJI go 2.0. I can live with this firmware and app if need be and forfeit future upgrades so long as I have all the channels.

Not sure you can really pay for more channels in this segment??

I've also tried on newest version and Go app but no luck. Would be nice to have as I get a lot of interference around lg high rises on beach

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164