Moire problems noticed in my P3P footage

Reaction score
I just search some older posts here on Phantom Pilots about folks having issues with Moire in their drone footage. One person suggested to turn on high quality playback with Adobe Premiere Pro and some others say to go into the Phantom's camera settings and reduce the sharpness and use ND or Polarizer filters and shoot in D-log. I do use filters but haven't shot in D-log.

Yesterday I went out flying and I started off with a Polarizer filter then as the sun got brighter, I switched over to a ND8 filter. I am looking at the footage on my 21-inch iMac screen in 1080. The footage has all kinds of lines and patterns on roof tops, buildings, grass, pavement. Someone also said that Moire has to do with what I am viewing the footage on. I don't know if that is true or not. I can say that when I looked at the footage directly on the card on the same iMac screen, there are no issues with anything. After I converted my footage over to Apple Pro Res 422 is when I noticed everything. I used MPEG Streamclip to transcode the footage.

Is there anything I can do in post to help reduce the Moire? I am currently still using Final Cut Pro 7 for editing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen