Modifications

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am always in search of new ideas on how to imorove my Phantom 3 Standard. Here's what I have so far. Please share any new ideas you have and I'll try it out. My goal is to simply improve my range and signal penetration. I currently have reached about a 15,000 foot range out. Now I need more ideas!!

Modification
1505655977336.jpg
1505655986226.jpg
s to date:

Ltelite antenna

Two 4 watt 2.4ghz amplifiers

One 4 watt 5.8ghz amplifier

One 12 volt 6000mah power bank

LED glow string

Voltage meter and Step down for LEDs

Two toggle switches to control accessories

1505654802761.jpg
1505654810700.jpg

Wooow. What's does that weigh around your neck? Or do you have a base station?

No kidding... 15,000 feet is way way too far for me... And impressive that you did it in the standard. But like larBear said... Why to go farther than that? What is your objective and the risk involved?

Reactions: Teryx
I simply like to push the limits. My goal is five miles. I have spent 30 dollars for each 2.4ghz amplifier, 60 dollars for the 5.8ghz amplifier, 100 dollars for the antenna, 40 dollars for the battery pack, and probably another 50 dollars on lights and odds and ends. So safe to say around 225 dollars spent. I do have a base station I'm work in on.

I'm almost done with the ground station, but a few.more weeks of work....it has three amplifiers, 5.8ghz and 2.4ghz av receivers, dual 7inch monitors, 20,000 mah 12 volt battery bank, usb charger, 500 watt power inverter and much more

Reactions: PDX1953
I'm almost done with the ground station, but a few.more weeks of work....it has three amplifiers, 5.8ghz and 2.4ghz av receivers, dual 7inch monitors, 20,000 mah 12 volt battery bank, usb charger, 500 watt power inverter and much more
You are amazing man, very awesome setup.

If there is something 5 miles away that I would like to photograph from the air, I find it easier, less expensive, less risky, and certainly more legal (here in the U.S.) to just get in my car and drive 4.5 miles before I launch. ;)

I understand that MapMaker. I have land , that backs is up to my parents land, that also backs up to my aunt's land. All three together create a five mile stretch. I would never fly over someone else's property or belongings or people that far away. It would be way to risky. 5 miles is simply a hobby based goal, no more.

I understand that MapMaker. I have land , that backs is up to my parents land, that also backs up to my aunt's land. All three together create a five mile stretch. I would never fly over someone else's property or belongings or people that far away. It would be way to risky. 5 miles is simply a hobby based goal, no more.
Hey, every one's gots to have a hobby!

Reactions: Teryx
Birdside I have only added four dipole antennas. The dbs antenna is linear other wise I'd use a clover leaf. I plan to install two amplifiers birdside. One 5.8ghz and one 2.4ghz. Always looking for suggestions though.

What I found when I pushed range - was flight battery limited me in the end to about 6kms max ..... in fact pushing one day and wind got up caused loss of my P3S.

Nigel

Sthornsen,
Your fly farther game looks like it would be fun to play. Heck, it's entertaining
to just read about.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik