Modding Lightbridge into P3S

Reaction score
I understand the P3S and P3P/P3A transmitters are not interchangeable. I was curious if anyone knew of the technical difference between the Standard and Pro/Adv in this regard. Simply put, does anyone have experience or know about if a P3S can be modded to work with a P3P/P3A controller, whether it’s a single module onboard or a replacement of the main board, or something else along those lines. I assume it’s more complicated, otherwise this would likely be a very common mod, though I haven’t found anything concrete in my (admittedly brief) research. Most of the mods I have seen seem to be specific to the Pro and Advanced, and if such a solution as this is available, I assume it would be fairly clean. Thanks, and I am interested to hear about this.

Sounds like major open-drone surgery to me, Lone Wolf McQuade. Probably doable but perhaps a less viable alternative than buying a Lightbridge based Phantom off eBay.

Reactions: brigerdrones
I was curious if anyone knew of the technical difference between the Standard and Pro/Adv in this regard.
We do know the differences. Make sure you read info on related boards:

does anyone have experience or know about if a P3S can be modded to work with a P3P/P3A controller, whether it’s a single module onboard or a replacement of the main board, or something else along those lines
P3 Std would have to be switched to Lightbridge to work with Lightbridge RC. This means using Lightbridge OFDM board, and either figuring out where to connect it to ESC Board, or switching ESC board. And then you need to switch the plastic body as well, to make everything fit. And this way you get almost whole P3 Adv body, except you'd pay less if you just bought P3 Adv.

(also, note that P3S is a code name of Ph3 Adv, so if you talk to people with real knowledge on the matter, they'd get confused)

Reactions: brigerdrones

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav