Reaction score
Here's a little Phantom 3 Pro flying along industrial areas of the Mississippi River and New Orleans. There is something haunting and beautiful about abandoned and industrial places. Thanks to Flickstakr for the tip on flying the abandoned Six Flags in New Orleans...spooky place!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Ralph M
Nice video. I have passed the abandoned 6 flags amusement park many times.

I hope you had prior written authorization to overfly a oil refinery. Otherwise here's a friendly heads up.............

PilotWeb: Results Page

...............FDC 4/0811 FDC ...SPECIAL NOTICE... THIS IS A RESTATEMENT OF A PREVIOUSLY ISSUED ADVISORY NOTICE. IN THE INTEREST OF NATIONAL SECURITY AND TO THE EXTENT PRACTICABLE, PILOTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO AVOID THE AIRSPACE ABOVE, OR IN PROXIMITY TO SUCH SITES AS POWER PLANTS (NUCLEAR, HYDRO-ELECTRIC, OR COAL), DAMS, REFINERIES, INDUSTRIAL COMPLEXES, MILITARY FACILITIES AND OTHER SIMILAR FACILITIES. PILOTS SHOULD NOT CIRCLE AS TO LOITER IN THE VICINITY OVER THESE TYPES OF FACILITIES..........

It is very dangerous to fly over refineries and chemical plants at lower altitudes. There are EXTREME thermals present. If the bird falls, damage to critical control instrumentation is possible which could lead to catastrophic events.

In addition I saw proprietary processes units that I wager NORCO would not wish filmed or would only allow if they had full prior editing authority(as in taking any film and or sanitizing digital imaging.)

You are fortunate the authorities didn't witness the flight

Nice video. I have passed the abandoned 6 flags amusement park many times.

I hope you had prior written authorization to overfly a oil refinery. Otherwise here's a friendly heads up.............

PilotWeb: Results Page

...............FDC 4/0811 FDC ...SPECIAL NOTICE... THIS IS A RESTATEMENT OF A PREVIOUSLY ISSUED ADVISORY NOTICE. IN THE INTEREST OF NATIONAL SECURITY AND TO THE EXTENT PRACTICABLE, PILOTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO AVOID THE AIRSPACE ABOVE, OR IN PROXIMITY TO SUCH SITES AS POWER PLANTS (NUCLEAR, HYDRO-ELECTRIC, OR COAL), DAMS, REFINERIES, INDUSTRIAL COMPLEXES, MILITARY FACILITIES AND OTHER SIMILAR FACILITIES. PILOTS SHOULD NOT CIRCLE AS TO LOITER IN THE VICINITY OVER THESE TYPES OF FACILITIES..........

It is very dangerous to fly over refineries and chemical plants at lower altitudes. There are EXTREME thermals present. If the bird falls, damage to critical control instrumentation is possible which could lead to catastrophic events.

In addition I saw proprietary processes units that I wager NORCO would not wish filmed or would only allow if they had full prior editing authority(as in taking any film and or sanitizing digital imaging.)

You are fortunate the authorities didn't witness the flight

For the record, there are several public parks directly adjacent to that refinery. Not that the air is breathable for people to exercise there, but all the footage was shot from over those parks even though it appears to be closer. The playgrounds are literally directly under that flaming tower as are other public facilities. I did take one short foray down the railroad tracks nearby but that was it. I guess that still might be considered "proximity" and was unaware of the rule, but I did not technically "fly over" any of the infrastructure. I'll stand advised of this on future flights however.

Nice work. I took the time to watch several other videos posted to your channel. In a comment, you mentioned a California project. You might want to check out the video opportunities near the Salton Sea and in Borrego Springs:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31