Mission Planner (FPV Camera – iOS Waypoints App) Available Now

I have been using mission planner for a couple of days and it is working as planned.

I have it set to start record automatically and it does so.

I have not tried straight mode, stop and take a snapshot, continue.

My question is if I tell it to take a snapshot will it stop recording video, take a snapshot, and start recording again.
Or do I have to add all these commands manually.
You need to add all these actions manually. The system doesn't know you want to start recording again after shooting a snapshot.

There is a known issue in waypoint action due to a known DJI SDK bug. This is fixed and will be available in the upcoming update. We suggest to leave it until the next app update.

I bought the app and mission planner the other day. I am trying to figure out how to load the map of my flying area from home. I fly at a park some 40 km away and would like to load up a mission here at home before I leave as I will not have an internet connection at the park. How do I easily get a map of the area I want to fly in from my home without having to scroll through kilometres of map until I hopefully find the park I want?
You may take a look of Mission Planner Tutorial - Setup Multi-Target Waypoints. It shows zooming out & panning the map to setup a mission 30-40km away. However, you should know well the area of the site/park instead of planning it merely from Google Map.

You need to add all these actions manually. The system doesn't know you want to start recording again after shooting a snapshot.

There is a known issue in waypoint action due to a known DJI SDK bug. This is fixed and will be available in the upcoming update. We suggest to leave it until the next app update.

Thanks for the reply, I will hold off using that feature until the next update.

I enjoy using your app and love planning my routes off line before I go out.

Reactions: PVFlyer
You may take a look of Mission Planner Tutorial - Setup Multi-Target Waypoints. It shows zooming out & panning the map to setup a mission 30-40km away. However, you should know well the area of the site/park instead of planning it merely from Google Map.
Thank you for your reply. I do know the area well I just had trouble finding it on the map in mission Planner that was showing my home address. I did not realise I could zoom in and out on the map.

Thank you for your reply. I do know the area well I just had trouble finding it on the map in mission Planner that was showing my home address. I did not realise I could zoom in and out on the map.
You could zoom in/out and pan the map as normal Google Map, and I bet you manage to reach the park on the map. The map would zoom to your current location by default. When you open a saved mission (say 40km away), it zooms right away to your mission location.

Check Settings > Navigation Map > Map Type for different map type (Normal, Satellite, Hybrid, Terrain). In Satellite view, waypoint GPS coordinate (especially high altitude objects) might be slightly off due to Satellite view in Google Map is shot from an angle. You are recommended to verify the exact location with Hybrid view.

I did have some time today to go out and fly. I moved WP 8 a little and spread them out. It flew the mission just fine after that. Your suspicion on something in the new firmware and closeness of the WP's changing must have been the issue?
We have verified the new FW 1.5.30 requiring larger minimum distance between WPs. We will update the app based on this new requirement, and the fix will be available in the next update.

I hope they come out with an up-date to this "buggy" app.

Channel selection does not hold, if you press channel 32 close settings , come back and it's on channel 1, why ?
If you change channel without connecting to P3, then the channel wouldn't hold and switch back to channel 1. Take a look of Settings > Advanced > Channel for details.

We are about to start beta testing of FPV Camera version 2.0. We add a new mission type "Panorama" in Mission Planner. We target the first round beta testing to existing Mission Planner users who are familiar with the basic operation. Stay tuned!

IMG_0164_800.jpg

We are about to start beta testing of FPV Camera version 2.0. We add a new mission type "Panorama" in Mission Planner. We target the first round beta testing to existing Mission Planner users who are familiar with the basic operation. Stay tuned!

IMG_0164_800.jpg
Got a few questions about Photos in the screenshot. Share with you an unpublished document of panorama.

• Photos: 6/8/20/26 represent panorama mode as below. Panorama mode (total photos taken) is also shown at lower-right corner of each Pano-Point icon.
  • 6: Aircraft yaws one round for 360° panorama shooting 6 photos with bearing 0°, 60°, 120°, 180°, 240°, 300° and user specified camera tilt angle. This is designed for Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 X3 camera with 94° FOV.
  • 8: Aircraft yaws one round for 360° panorama shooting 8 photos with bearing 0°, 45°, 90°, 135°, 180°, 225°, 270°, 315° and user specified camera tilt angle, This is designed for Inspire 1 Pro X5 camera with 72° FOV.
  • 20: Aircraft yaws 3 rounds for 360°x180° panorama shooting 20 photos with bearing 0°, 60°, 120°, 180°, 240°, 300° and camera tilt 0°, -30° and -60° respectively, plus 0° x -90° and 180° x -90°. Aforementioned camera tilt angle is enforced by the app.
  • 26: Aircraft yaws 3 rounds for 360°x180° panorama shooting 26 photos with bearing 0°, 45°, 90°, 135°, 180°, 225°, 270°, 315° and camera tilt 0°, -30° and -60° respectively, plus 0° x -90° and 180° x -90°. Aforementioned camera tilt angle is enforced by the app.

Auto Recording sometimes couldn't start after opening the app second time. We have fixed the issue and will be available in the next update.

I thought you probably set the last WP within 20m from home point, and aircraft would land instead of ascending to RTH altitude then RTH. This is a normal behavior even using DJI app.

Check the Setup tab for Initial Height. It's worth to spend 30 minutes to read the entire document in Help.

Once you have connected aircraft, home point will be updated. Read the Setup as mentioned earlier.

If you want full gimbal control, you may turn off Auto-Tilt and control the tilting manually.

If you set target height = 0, then the target is treated on the ground. All height values are relevant to home point.
Auto Recording sometimes couldn't start after opening the app second time. We have fixed the issue and will be available in the next update.

I thought you probably set the last WP within 20m from home point, and aircraft would land instead of ascending to RTH altitude then RTH. This is a normal behavior even using DJI app.

Check the Setup tab for Initial Height. It's worth to spend 30 minutes to read the entire document in Help.

Once you have connected aircraft, home point will be updated. Read the Setup as mentioned earlier.

If you want full gimbal control, you may turn off Auto-Tilt and control the tilting manually.

If you set target height = 0, then the target is treated on the ground. All height values are relevant to home point.

I have read the help file and gone through all the menus but I cannot find the menu with Auto tilt off. Excuse my ignorance but where is it? Do you have to have the Phantom connected, is it in the DJI app? I want to do a waypoint flight but have complete control over camera pan and tilt.
Thak you for your patience.

Err, just found it in the Fly menu and you obviously do it just before commencing the mission.
A wayout suggestion.
Would it be possible to fly a mission that has been saved on you tablet in a virtual realty mode using a simulated view form Googel Earth maps This would be similar to a fly mission in Google Earth. Although not strictly accurate it would give you an idea of what you would expect from the camera during a flight.
I find it difficult to visualize what the camera is going to see during an automated flight especially when you have to consider target height and what view this will produce during the flight.
Possible asking for the moon but if possible would be a tremendous asset.

I have read the help file and gone through all the menus but I cannot find the menu with Auto tilt off. Excuse my ignorance but where is it? Do you have to have the Phantom connected, is it in the DJI app? I want to do a waypoint flight but have complete control over camera pan and tilt.
Thak you for your patience.
Auto-Tilt is located in Fly tab, and you can toggle it on/off in real time. If you want complete RC control of camera pan/tilt, you may use basic Waypoint mission and set Heading = Forward (RC control). You may watch the tutorial of "RC Speed & Yaw Control in Mission" in Mission Planner FAQ & Tutorial starting from 2:50.

In some occasions (Target WP mission), you might want partial WPs focusing on targets with Auto-Tilt enabled, but leave some WPs tilting or set bearing manually. You may set target to Null to disengage Auto-Tilt only on those WPs temporary.

Last edited:
Err, just found it in the Fly menu and you obviously do it just before commencing the mission.
A wayout suggestion.
Would it be possible to fly a mission that has been saved on you tablet in a virtual realty mode using a simulated view form Googel Earth maps This would be similar to a fly mission in Google Earth. Although not strictly accurate it would give you an idea of what you would expect from the camera during a flight.
I find it difficult to visualize what the camera is going to see during an automated flight especially when you have to consider target height and what view this will produce during the flight.
Possible asking for the moon but if possible would be a tremendous asset.
AFAIK, Google has depleted Google Earth API. Furthermore, VR mode in Google Earth only works with "3D buildings" layer usually in downtown with fairly high altitude. How often do you fly in downtown?

We know it''s hard to judge accurate target height, thus we use Auto-tilt Offset as a workaround.

Auto-Tilt Offset - Aircraft height (altimeter) may easily vary 15-20m (50-66ft) off the actual height, or users might misjudge target height. Auto-Tilt Offset allows you to adjust camera tilting in real-time of maximum +/-10° to compensate aforementioned discrepancy. This option is only available in Target WP mission.

A new beta v2.0 #3730 is available in TestFlight for testing. What's new in Mission Planner:
• New: Introduce 2 new mission types - Panorama & Pano-WP
• New: Auto-tilt algorithm for smooth tilting upon changing targets in Target-WP mission
• New: Add Camera settings (Auto mode only)
• New: RC C2 button to toggle between FPV & map view
• New: Prompt to confirm Stop mission and Pause/Resume mission
• Fixed: Screen recorder reliability on some devices
• Fixed: Auto Recording couldn't start occasionally
• Fixed: When toggle FPV/map view, map might shift occasionally
• Fixed: Add Action "Stay" would stay 3 seconds

HI. I have problem. When i try download a iOS version on testflight i have error. It cant be download. I swe on test flight Beta version but cant download. Please help

If I wasn't in first beta but now own this program will I be able to beta test?
You may sign up beta testing per the OP, and follow the instructions to install TestFlight and the beta. The beta v2.0 will overwrite your official v1.3, but your mission files and flight log should retain. You may also backup the missions and logs just in case.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl