Mission Planner (FPV Camera – iOS Waypoints App) Available Now

You may sign up beta testing per the OP, and follow the instructions to install TestFlight and the beta. The beta v2.0 will overwrite your official v1.3, but your mission files and flight log should retain. You may also backup the missions and logs just in case.
Hi, I was involved in the first beta. I found the app useful so I bought the app V1.3. Now I am invited for the V2.0 flight test. My question is will I will be reverted back to V1.3 after the V2.0 beta test ended? Thank you. BTW, my mission files and flight logs still retain. Keep up with the great app. Thanks.

What error did you get? Do you see FPV Camera Version 2.0 (3730)? Did you participate the previous beta testing?
HI. I dont have prevourius version. Its my first Beta from You. Yesterday i try ale day long but with no results. Today work ok. Thx. On weekend i go test

Ok. Got the app. Upgraded to 2.0 3730. From previous version.
Now to try pano mode.
Is there any explanation of how to use these beta modes.
I can 6 pictures set as smallest.
But unsure do I have it hovering somewhere in interested in doing pano then load up the app?

Ok. Got the app. Upgraded to 2.0 3730. From previous version.
Now to try pano mode.
Is there any explanation of how to use these beta modes.
I can 6 pictures set as smallest.
But unsure do I have it hovering somewhere in interested in doing pano then load up the app?
As you upgraded from previous version, I think you are familiar with Waypoint and Target-WP operations.

There are 2 new mission types - Panorama and Pano-WP in this version. Please take a look of these 2 new sections Mission Planner Overview (or under Help > Mission Planner > Features) regarding the mission types.

Feel free to ask if any questions.

Wow ... just did my first pano and I set the offset so it took six then tilted ... took six more ... and repeated. Got dark so I couldn't test anymore. I did get a timed out error but it disappeared before I could screenshot ... will test more later.

Attachments

• home_panorama2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 252
Wow ... just did my first pano and I set the offset so it took six then tilted ... took six more ... and repeated. Got dark so I couldn't test anymore. I did get a timed out error but it disappeared before I could screenshot ... will test more later.
The first pano looks great. What software did you use to stitch them?

Timeout error is probably due to aircraft is right above you (aircraft antenna null pointing to you & RC antenna null pointing to aircraft) when completed panorama. Try to adjust RC antenna angle per DJI manual or fly a bit farther to shoot panorama again.

As you upgraded from previous version, I think you are familiar with Waypoint and Target-WP operations.

There are 2 new mission types - Panorama and Pano-WP in this version. Please take a look of these 2 new sections Mission Planner Overview (or under Help > Mission Planner > Features) regarding the mission types.

Feel free to ask if any questions.

Great thats the section as explanation I was looking for...

one additional thing i wanted to ask was what is the best picture format for taking these pano shots
4:3 or widescreen?

I have managed to take some pano shots - however some comments

Had some FW error dialog boxes pop up using the app - which didnt it stop completing two sets of pano shots
The app was recording at the time i think ???
Can I share this with the beta program?
What do I need to do ...?

Last edited:
Reactions: jmf4397
A new beta v2.0 #3733 is available in TestFlight for testing. What's new in Mission Planner:
• New: Context sensitive help "?" on each tab
• Fixed: Stop video recording automatically right BEFORE shooting panorama
• New: Introduce 2 new mission types - Panorama & Pano-WP
• New: Auto-tilt algorithm for smooth tilting upon changing targets in Target-WP mission
• New: Add Camera settings (Auto mode only)
• New: RC C2 button to toggle between FPV & map view
• New: Prompt to confirm Stop mission and Pause/Resume mission
• Fixed: Screen recorder reliability on some devices
• Fixed: Auto Recording couldn't start occasionally
• Fixed: When toggle FPV/map view, map might shift occasionally
• Fixed: Add Action "Stay" would stay 3 seconds

The first pano looks great. What software did you use to stitch them?

Timeout error is probably due to aircraft is right above you (aircraft antenna null pointing to you & RC antenna null pointing to aircraft) when completed panorama. Try to adjust RC antenna angle per DJI manual or fly a bit farther to shoot panorama again.
Photoshop older version ... addon called photostich. It's a low quality copy due to the original size would not upload

Reactions: MoOriginal
I have managed to take some pano shots - however some comments

The format of the files saved to card are dng adobe.
I use Lightroom and it will not import these files -
I want to use Lightroom as it has a pano function built in
Why is lightroom not recognising the files on the card?
The card is ok as I can see older picture files I took with the DJI go app when using the import function.

Had some FW error dialog boxes pop up using the app - which didnt it stop completing two sets of pano shots
The app was recording at the time i think ???
Can I share this with the beta program?
What do I need to do ...?
You might need a DNG converter to convert DJI format DNG to Lightroom compatible RAW format. I think using JPEG is easier to stitch panorama photos unless you need a lot of post-processing.

The error message is likely due to you started video recording and it couldn't shoot panorama photos. The new beta #3733 would stop video recording automatically (if any) right BEFORE shooting panorama.

Nice Pano Mo..it is snowing at the moment where I live so am just waiting for it to let up to get out and try the new functionality.

Thanks - it worked well apart from the error messages as i mentioned ...

What a cool shot it would be to get the snow in pano

I flew my first Panorama waypoints this morning. Stitched 6 photos using Photoshop ( first time also ). No issue with the app so far. Will fly more to experience various photo setting.

Attachments

• Tasek Kelana-Panorama1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 440
Reactions: MoOriginal
I flew my first Panorama waypoints this morning. Stitched 6 photos using Photoshop ( first time also ). No issue with the app so far. Will fly more to experience various photo setting.
Glad to know everything went well the first time. I presume you flew Pano-WP mission though other beta testers shot basic Panorama mission.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor