Mini-HowTo-DJI Phantom 3 HDMI Upgrade Board

Reaction score
20150526_170933.jpg

Just received my Phantom 3 HDMI upgrade board. I thought I would do a quick post to show how simple this upgrade is as long as you take it slow.

First the board and cover
_DSC2622.JPG

_DSC2623.JPG

To get started remove the rear port cover plate, 4 1.5mm hex screws
_DSC2625.JPG

Now the part that people should pay attention to. If you haven't worked with these type of ribbon connector before please take your time. On the opposite side of the ribbon is a little black tap. Use either a tip of razor blade or a VERY small flat head screw driver to flip these up, to the unlocked position. There are 3 tabs to unlock
20150526_165248.jpg

Make sure all tabs are flipped completely up to the unlocked position
20150526_165313.jpg

Disconnect the 3 ribbon cables and remove the 3 screw, the board will now be completely removed.
20150526_165318-1.jpg

Install the new board but connect the large ribbon cable first, this will make thing much easier
20150526_165318-2.jpg

Connect the last 2 ribbon cables and secure the board with the 3 star screws. Make sure you lock the ribbon connectors securely . They will lay completely flat.
20150526_165318-3.jpg

Last step is to install the port cover plate. Line up the connectors and apply a light amount of pressure to see if it seats correctly. Don't not force it!!! Use the 4 1.5mm hex screws to secure the cover.
showatt.php

All done:cool: Please feel free to post any questions about the install. I would rather have people ask than damage something. But its a super easy install so you all should be fine;)
a7907452-198-20150526_170642.jpg

Attachments

• 20150526_165318.jpg
    20150526_165318.jpg
    529.4 KB · Views: 2,640
Last edited:
I am more interested in getting one of these first before knowing how to install it. Are these publicly available yet?

Just a word of caution. When you flip up the little black tabs, do it gently. Doing it with too much force can dislodge the locking tab completely from the socket. Ask me how I know. :(

I am more interested in getting one of these first before knowing how to install it. Are these publicly available yet?

All in good time, I have been told shortly

Just a word of caution. When you flip up the little black tabs, do it gently. Doing it with too much force can dislodge the locking tab completely from the socket. Ask me how I know. :(

Correct, this is the most difficult part of the install, other than that it take about 5-10mins.

Are these available now to buy? How did you get one?

Blade Strike,

Thank you for the HOW-TO, it'll be helpful for when I have the board on-hand and ready to install. Question, what is the port used for to the left/ next to the USB port (the one with visible pins)?

Blade Strike,

Thank you for the HOW-TO, it'll be helpful for when I have the board on-hand and ready to install. Question, what is the port used for to the left/ next to the USB port (the one with visible pins)?
Its the a canbus port.. For future upgrades..

Reactions: JackFlash-P3P
Thanks for the description and walk through. On the other hand, you are a tease

OK...... So....... where did you get this? And when can we can we get one? Sorry to be impatient. But, it's the elephant in the thread.

Ok great.... So after the installation are you able to connect any devices to the controller deeming it useable now? Like HDMI out and have viewable video of any kind?

:cool:

Ok great.... So after the installation are you able to connect any devices to the controller deeming it useable now? Like HDMI out and have viewable video of any kind?

:cool:

Yes, able to use the hdmi feed . It's the same OSD as the inspire.

Reactions: Milehighdesign
Did you read his Signature? It's on his every post?? DJI Support/Testing, now where do you think he got it from?

Didn't know if that was genuine or not. Thanks for the observation! But, still, I'd like to know when they are going to be available. ;)

This is definitely a must have upgrade. I can't wait till its available to us all. Thanks for the tutorial.

Can't wait! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic