Mini-HowTo-DJI Phantom 3 HDMI Upgrade Board

Can anybody advise what the other additional port would be for, the one next to USB?

Blade Strike, I still cannot find out from you or anyone else about what the resolution of the HDMI video out is.
Is it regular HDMI, HDMI 1.4 or HDMI 2.0?
In other words, is this HDMI mod output both 1080p and 4K? Only 720p? Which is it?
Believe it or not, this really is an important question.

Blade Strike, I still cannot find out from you or anyone else about what the resolution of the HDMI video out is.
In other words, is this HDMI mod output both 1080p and 4K? Only 720p? Which is it?

I read where they posted on RC Groups that it would be 720p, makes sense as that's what it is on your controller phone/tablet. Ask yourself, how would a 720p feed coming from the P3 to your controller be 1080p or 4K via the HDMI out on the controller?

I ordered my HeadPlay FPV goggles last night. Flights should be awesome with those (zero glare, brightness not an issue). Even on cloudy days it's horrible trying to watch the live feed on a tablet or phone.

Its the same as the the smart device feed, 720p. Do you really think you could get 1080 or 4k over these distances?

Hopefully it does not cost too much considering the P3 isn't very old and there's already an upgrade for it. It would be a serious smack in the face to early adopters but given DJI's competitive pricing it should be fairly low.

Any speculation on whether DJI will offer a controller with the HDMI built in?
It could be a separate combo part #, or just an upgraded controller.

The lack of HDMI out is one of my minor peeves. I will be thrilled when the upgrade board comes out. I think a pair of HeadPlay goggles are in my future...

Here's a big question: does the video output of the HDMI board use the processing power of the tablet/phone to process the video and then send it out through that port, or is completely independent? In other words, if I disconnect my tablet completely, will there still be video output from the HDMI in the Phantom 2 controller with the HDMI board?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ground Chuck
Here's a big question: does the video output of the HDMI board use the processing power of the tablet/phone to process the video and then send it out through that port, or is completely independent? In other words, if I disconnect my tablet completely, will there still be video output from the HDMI in the Phantom 2 controller with the HDMI board?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think yes you still have video out in hdmi without the smartphone/tablet connected.

I wanted to know about the release of the HDMI output upgrade board for the P3 and wrote to DJI sales. They suggested I ask a DJI dealer or contact DJI North America. Since there are no authorized dealers in North America listed on the site, I sent my questions to DJI North America. They replied and asked me to write to DJI headquarters. DJI Headquarters advised me to write to DJI North America... I then wrote to all of them asking "WTF?". I finally got a reply that had substance.

Dear Chuck,
Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Later we will have a P3 HDMI output adapter.
Please keep an eye to our official website.
I am sorry to tell that i can not offer the accurate time info and i am waiting for a release date for it as well.

For questions about pricing or DJI authorized dealers, please contact [email protected].

Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best Regards

DJI Product Application Technical Support

Don't hold your breathe, they are still trying to get the distribution figured out for the P3 and the present basic accessories like props and batteries. Maybe in August, we should re-pose that question.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31