Mini-HowTo-DJI Phantom 3 HDMI Upgrade Board

I would not purchase from the online store. Get it from a dealer. If it's bad out of the box, online sales is horrible. Deal with someone local. You have been warned

Blade, I have a question... Picture 11 clearly shows the 4 plugs from outside the cover. Picture 9 shows the board installed but there are only 3 plugs on the board, the USB, micro USB and the CANBUS. where is the HDMI plug? Is the plug mounted in the cover and then plugged into the plug in the lower left corner of the board? Is this what you're referring to under picture 9?

Looking forward to this when it arrives but also after early adopters/testers flush out the bugs! :)
It's basically been tested already. It's the same as an inspire remote. I've used the inspire remote with the phantom 3'and the inspire and there aren't really any bugs. It just works.

It's basically been tested already. It's the same as an inspire remote. I've used the inspire remote with the phantom 3'and the inspire and there aren't really any bugs. It just works.

That's great it "just works". Just need DJI to release this then with a date and price! BTW, what did you use to hook up to the HDMI port? Any particular FPV glasses?

That's great it "just works". Just need DJI to release this then with a date and price! BTW, what did you use to hook up to the HDMI port? Any particular FPV glasses?
The HDMI is a mini port. Cinemizers work. I sent them back as they are discontinued. I found a pair of nebulizer glasses off of eBay that will work until something better comes along. Anything with HDMI input will work

I am looking at just plugging this in to record the entire flight with data overlay, just in case, self contained and one click HD recording, has pass-through for Tv also Mic plug for inflight commentary.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KO1XFZW...UTF8&colid=G5F9B9983RU7&coliid=I2T4JE3BH5K2K0
They have others cheaper, this is the best one available but there is another for $125 that records to SD card with a lot of the same basic features. If your interested just search 'game recorder' on ebay.

Headplay...I have been told they are the goggles to get...and the price is great!

I have a 7" HDMI monitor that I use for my other Lightbridge setup. The HDMI port will have lower latency compared to a tablet. And when the app blows up, you're not blind.

Reactions: sergekouper
What about a 20 something inch screen with a custom tripod mount and sun visor? Obviously figuring out power is on you.

Thanks, Blade, it will be so cool to hook up the 55" LCD on the Patio to the HDMI and have simultaneous output to it and the iPad. I see flying parties in the future. (note to self, need longer HDMI cable)

If you have an Apple TV you can Mirror your iPad screen using Airplay. I did it the other night, and it worked pretty good. I have an iPad mini and the mirroring unfortunately didn't use the entire TV screen (60-70%) because of resolution differences but it was a good interim solution until the HDMI board comes out.

If you have an Apple TV you can Mirror your iPad screen using Airplay. I did it the other night, and it worked pretty good. I have an iPad mini and the mirroring unfortunately didn't use the entire TV screen (60-70%) because of resolution differences but it was a good interim solution until the HDMI board comes out.
Thanks, no i don't have an apple TV, to limited and locked unless you jailbreak it. I built a custom Chromebox media streamer using a custom ROM and Kodi software. It will stream anything, boots in 7 seconds, and does UHD and 3D. I will just plug in the TV via HDMi, no latency at all and full screen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20