Micro sd card question

Reaction score
Hi guys, probably a ******* question but I have a 32mb micro sd card that I use in my P2 vision plus, just wondering if can I use it straight into my p3 or have I for any reason got to put the bin file on it at all or can I just put it in and film. Cheers Ian

I'd recommend formatting the card in the bird (formatting will erase all data on the card). The only reason you'd need the bin file (Firmware) on the card is that your updating the bird or a battery.

Reactions: stinkbomb
I would say you should be able to put it right into the P3 and start filming, however note that if you have the Pro and want to shoot in 4K video then you will need a fast enough micro SD card for good results. I assume the card you have will be fine for 1080p HD video.

Thank you, yes I have a Samsung 32 Evo sd card,I can't read anything else on it. Can you recommend a good sd card that you are using. Thanks

here's the best card you can get. Lexar 633x Micro SD in
16GB - http://amzn.to/1crSw2P
32GB - http://amzn.to/1Jhup3F
64GB - http://amzn.to/1JbWx9V

The 16GB card is the same one that the P3 ships with.
You will get approximately 2min of 4K video for each 1GB of memory on card.
All of the 4K frame rates record at 60mbps or 7.5MB/s

stinkbomb, you can find some other commonly used memory cards here:
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

As 4wd pointed out, the write speed is what's most important. Most memory card sellers advertise the read speed. While 90MB/s write speed is a little overkill, here's the SanDisk Extreme PRO is the fastest memory card available right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclone
Thanks guys really good stuff cheers. I think I may invest in a new card soon. My main worry was if I keep switching the cards from p2 to p3 with the firmware on it it was going to do something strange.cheers.

if I keep switching the cards from p2 to p3 with the firmware on it it was going to do something strange
This should not be an issue for the P2 since it does not use firmware from the memory card.

SanDisk Extreme PRO
True they are much better cards and faster write speeds them them Lexar 633x cards that ship with the p3s.
I have a few of each and frankly the Lexar 633x cards are not nearly as fast as they claim esp on the write speeds. Which is were it counts.

They are just cheaper then the sandisks extrema pro cards. Tho they should be cause they dont seem any faster then any other class 10 cards that I have.

Reactions: stinkbomb and ctp
I seem to remember that somebody tested the Lexar 633x that came with the P3, and it actually doesn't quite write fast enough to record 4k effectively. I got the Sandisk Extreme Pro. It's definitely one of the fastest you can get right now, and more than fast enough for 4k video.

Reactions: stinkbomb
I want to buy a 64gb card for my p3p and like to ask are the lexar 633x cards really ok and fast enough for 4k video.I can get the 64gb version of this card at a fair price or should i buy something different ie diff maker etc.Im in the uk
all help appreciated greatly

I shoot a Nikon D800. I store data on both CF and SD cards. Storage speed is very important to me, especially shooting brackets and high frame rate continuous shots.

I only shoot the SanDisk 64GB Extreme Pro Compact Flash Memory Card (160MB/s) for CF and the SanDisk 64GB Extreme Pro Micro SDXC UHS-I Memory Card in the SD adapter (95MB/s)

The SanDisk Micro is all I'll use in my P3P.

Reactions: ctp

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic