Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have a Problem with my phantom 3 SE, more precisely with my Micro SD cards. I have got two class 4 cards wich the Drone accepts but I can't shoot in 4k with them. Therefore i bought two 64gb class 10 cards (Samsung evo & San Disk extreme). If I Put them in the Drone it always says that there is an sd card error and I should replace the Micro SD. I also cant Format them inside the Drone there is always the Massage "formatting failed". With my Laptop I have no Problems to Format the Micro SD cards so they should be both good to go. I have tried all Formats on my Laptop and Put the Micro SD cards back in the drone nut none of them works.
Did anybody else experienced something like this or has an advice for me?
Thank you for your replies! :)

Hello everyone,
I have a Problem with my phantom 3 SE, more precisely with my Micro SD cards. I have got two class 4 cards wich the Drone accepts but I can't shoot in 4k with them. Therefore i bought two 64gb class 10 cards (Samsung evo & San Disk extreme). If I Put them in the Drone it always says that there is an sd card error and I should replace the Micro SD. I also cant Format them inside the Drone there is always the Massage "formatting failed". With my Laptop I have no Problems to Format the Micro SD cards so they should be both good to go. I have tried all Formats on my Laptop and Put the Micro SD cards back in the drone nut none of them works.
Did anybody else experienced something like this or has an advice for me?
Thank you for your replies! :)

The same card I've been using for a year suddenly had the same problem. I know they need a fast card - 10/1 speed. I had 2 new ones, a 16 gb and a 32 gb. Niether worked. Couldn't even format them in the app. I had an expensive 10/1 but the write speed was twice as fast (from 40 MB/sec write speed to 80 MB/sec) and that solved my problem. I haven't updated app nor controller nor P3S for months - it works and I've learned my lesson.

Thank you for your reply!

Can you give me the exact Name of the SD card that solved your Problem or send me a link of the Website where you bought the micro SD pleace?

Are you sure, that with an UHS-I card you can record 4K videos?

UHS-I gives you 10 MB/sec guarantied write speed. I tested mine, it was able to write 20 MB/sec, which is only the fragment of needed speed for 4K video.

certain sources say, that UHS-3 with 30MB/sec write speed is enough, but it's true only for average speed, when the camera turn, data speed will increase to 60MB/sec.

If you want to have good quality video without intermittent pieces you need an SD card with at least 60MB/sec write speed, these cards are marked with V60 sign.
I have a V30 card, by my testing it's write speed is up to 40MB/sec but it isn't enough for 4K.

If you need to record only 2.7K video even UHS-I cards can be enough

What do you mean "none of them works?" What exactly happens? Please be specific.

I mean that the drone recognizes the cards but the drone says 'unknown SD card error' and if I try to Format them then inside the drone, the drone says that the formatting failed.

I just got Samsung microSDXC UHS-1 Card, EVO Select.
Class (10) (3) 4KHD
Read 100 MB/s
Write 60 MB/s

Works great. Got it on Amazon.

I mean that the drone recognizes the cards but the drone says 'unknown SD card error' and if I try to Format them then inside the drone, the drone says that the formatting failed.
I would use an SD card reader and format the card on your Windows desktop or laptop. When done, eject the SD card softly using the icons on the bottom right side, then physically remove the reader from the USB and remove the card. Then place the card into the Phantom - power it up - it should be recognized. Format it again from within the Go app. See if that works.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to try a new SD card.

If that doesn't work, you likely have a hardware malfunction.

Theirs a Old saying that......"`you can get by with something till you know the proper way to do it "....."Here's the proper way to handle sd adapter and the micro sdxc" card".... When you handle that tiny ittby little HDHC micro card......the contacts are gold plated and IF you can keep your fingers off the gold contacts of it.....you will maintain a Much better contact area on the card to camera...and also the micro card chip adapter....its contacts are gold plated too......Keep fingers clear of them too..that way you will have a great clean contact surface for the card to the reader or computer reader slot !..If any body has a few things to add to this message..Please do.....Thank You* Drone On------------))))))

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I just got Samsung microSDXC UHS-1 Card, EVO Select.
Class (10) (3) 4KHD
Read 100 MB/s
Write 60 MB/s

Works great. Got it on Amazon.
Yes GPS_Ken.......i got that same card too..Works super great !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj