**P4**
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Reaction score
Cards higher in capacity than is need for a couple of flights worth of footage might present an unanticipated risk. Find yourself in a position where the phantom can’t be recovered and everything in the card you haven’t copied off is gone for good.

Reactions: ianzone and Oso
Reaction score
I know the p4 it says in the manual not to use anything over 128g.

Reaction score
I use a SanDisk Extreme Pro 64gb for no other reason than it's out of my GoPro..

Reaction score
  1. Use a few cards and rotate them. They do deteriorate.
  2. Rotation also lessens the magnitude of loss if a card goes missing or is damaged.
  3. Avoid deleting frames/clips individually through the controller. Better to download the media and then format the card.
  4. 32 GB is a good size, plenty of space to handle two or three batteries full of media.
  5. For video, buy the fastest cards you can. Stills, speed doesn't matter so much.

Reactions: AuldGimpy

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
For video, buy the fastest cards you can.
No need to go all out on the speed for the purpose of recording video. The P3 is only able to write data at a max speed of 5 MB/s. That means any Class 10 memory card would be sufficient.

Reaction score
Not familiar with the P3, I started with the P4’s larger sensor. You’re probably correct.

I stand by my recommendation regarding card speed. The cards are so inexpensive these days. My point is that it’s better to trade GBs for speed.

When one spends all day every day shooting and editing stills and/or video, one wants speed in all aspects of each operation: cards, RAM, graphics processor, and upload/download/transfer speeds. Gets you home earlier for cocktails and dinner.

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Not familiar with the P3, I started with the P4’s larger sensor. You’re probably correct.
Yep! If you want to see for yourself, check out the P3S specs.

The latest Phantom models are only able to write data at 12.5 MB/s. So, again, it would be pointless to buy the fastest memory card for the purpose of shooting video.

Now, there are other reasons to choose a faster memory card. The most important is that it'll take less time to transfer videos/photos off the memory card.

Reaction score
If you shooting a 4K video then the speed card is necessary. I have no problems now with Sandisc extreme pro. Before that I usually had.
The speed meters. My Osmo pocket won't work until it got the Sandisc pro card (black and red). Maybe it would go with SD extreme (gold and red).

Reaction score
[

Now, there are other reasons to choose a faster memory card. The most important is that it'll take less time to transfer videos/photos off the memory card.[/QUOTE]

As I said...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MayhemnMenace