Mechanical shutter at middle exposure

Reaction score
Hello to everyone.
All we know the issue on the P4P gimbal, witch twitches when taking pictures with the mechanical shutter.
I agree the mechanical shutter isn't strictly needful on the P4P. On short-time exposures the gimbal twitches after the picture is taken and we have all the advantages of the mechanical shutter. On longer exposures the mechanical shutter is useless and we can disable it using the electronic rolling shutter. Right?
But, I noticed a strange behaviour of the mechanical shutter on long shutter times. Ok, it's useless in this scenario, but this behaviour drove me to think there are serious problems in the shutter management software. The shutter activates (I ear the "clicks") in middle of the exposure for no reason while I was expecting to ear the first open "click" at the beginning of the exposition and a second close "click" at the end. I created the following video and sent to DJI support more than one month ago, but still no response about.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Moreover, if you look at the slow motion, it seems the gimbal twitches twice. Could be the second movement such a "recover" movement? Could it be the inertia from the movement of the two curtains? What are they doing in the "middle" of the exposure? Close and then open? :neutral: The taken pictures seems to have the correct (long) exposure.
In these other videos instead you can see the iris is working well, opening/close as the requested time (indicated in the file names).

Dropbox - Support

Do your P4Ps have the same behaviour?
Thanks in advance!

PS: sorry for my english, hoping it's not so bad! :)

Reactions: Brombo and bill_t
Hi Stefano,
sono anche io Italiano ;)
I noticed the exact same problem while shooting. And, if you take 3-4 photos consecutively it change the roll angle of 2-3 degrees before returning to the starting position.
I hope that this strange behaviour may one day be corrected with a firmware update.

p.s.: Nothing from DJI?

Ciao Brombo! ;)

DJI recommended me to to send my P4P for diagnosis and repair. Costs were paid by DJI, but I never read about someone having this issue resolved by DJI. I read instead about many people getting their units replaced due to the mechanical shutter problem but, the returned new aircrafts, still have the same issue :(
I preferred to not send my P4P to repair to avoid long waiting for a problem don't seem to have a solution yet.

I think the same, keep the P4P at home and hope to solve the problem with firmware upgrade, if in the future will be possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.