Maxxuav boosted install, did I do it right?

anyone here have a boosted setup, without powering on the drone, do you get both to light up blue?
I currently do not have my drone as DJI has it, but I just received both amps back today, in which Jacob nicely shipped back very quickly, but surprise left side only is solid white.

frustrating as heck right now, making sure all cables are tight and connections are secure still only white on the right side, solid flickering blue on the left. Strange thing though, I started to tap the front of the antenna on the right side and I can actually see the right amp flicker blue when I do that.
then it goes away, tap again I can get it to flicker blue on the right side. What the heck is goin on here :(

Got my replacement amp today and replaced the 'white one' with the new one. Powered up the RC and both were white as they should be.. Fired up the bird and both turned blue as they should. All is well here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and if you turn off the drone , keeping just the controller and amps on,the right one will be white only I assume? until you turn on the drone again. correct?

If the RC is off, and the amps are plugged in, both are white. When the bird is turned on they both turn blue

and if you turn off the RC the right one will be white only I assume? until you turn on the bird. correct?
If the RC is off, and the amps are plugged in, both are white. When the bird is turned on they both turn blue

ok ok .. if you could please, turn on the amps AND the remote ONLY, not the drone.

What are your amps doing. Thanks!

Remember the correct sequence.. Amps plugged in first.. Both white. Turn on the RC next.. Both white (they should not be sending or receiving at this time) both still white. Turn on the bird.. Both turn blue ok!

is that what yours is doing? did you not read my original post that I made just today?

When you turn on the remote it is sending, there is no question about that, it has to be , my left one is flickering a good blue signal, my left one IS NOT.

I have however, made a V shaped piece of foil and if I bounce the left side of the antenna to the right side, or visa-versa they will both flicker blue.

I Don't have my drone, its at DJI right now

pete if you could , go double check now that would be great, just turn on the remote and amps only, the left one is not flickering blue? are you 100% about that? pretty sure it should be

Because you only need one booster!!

But fine, ignore me and keep going about your business...

lol Shammyh, the professional who sells this stuff and all the thousands of others, disagrees with you ,lol

Ok. I just fired up the RC with both amps already plugged in. No drone.
The light 'window' is 2 tone.. Top is light blue on both sides, the bottom is white on both sides. Not sure if this picture is clear enough....?

3e3ac84bd58d2302ab0b02c95231c800.jpg

Hope you sort it.. I haven't connected the Maxxrange antenna yet, only the dbs02 at this time

What cables are you using?

then maybe its an antenna issue? at least on my end? I have no other antenna to test with though. I think I gotta throw in the towel at this point.

the ones that came with it. But if it is a cable issue, I should be able to switch them around, right? it's not a cable issue. I tried that before, switching all the cables that I received. I was hoping I needed the drone for the receiving side to flicker blue, but obviously not.

Were the cables hard to connect to the amp or panel? I had difficulty connecting mine until I realized there was a male and female end to the cables

hehe, no, the stiffer cables are a little hard because there is no room for error when screwing them on.
but all connections are correct, I've been dealing with this issue for god, seems like a month now, I've gone over every detail possible. The problem is there isn't much information out there and the little there is its so darn confusing. you got someone in here screaming we only need one amp, then others are saying theirs never turned blue, who really knows.

bottom line, yours both turn blue without the drone, mine doesn't, simple as that

But I think you said it works fine when bypassing the amps, so your RC appears to be fine right? Just a hunch.. Try a wrist ground strap connected to the amp to eliminate any body static

lol yea? I dunno man, seems like I'm reaching at this point, but I'll try anything lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair