Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

What tools do I need to install the Maxx UAV clean install kit . I saw a 8 inch small flat wrench and a small phillips screwdriver and something flat like a spudge tool . Anything else ?

It doesnt really make sense that a program should give you so much more range . Im sure it works for you but how could the software affect the range ?

It doesnt really make sense that a program should give you so much more range . Im sure it works for you but how could the software affect the range ?
Well I know for a fact the different devices work better for some aircraft than others. I use a Samsung S5 for my go app but it doesn't work as good for the Wi-Fi on my vision app. And vice versa how use a iPhone 5s for Wi-Fi on the vision app , but the go app usually likes the Samsung better. But lately I've been noticing on the Samsung S5 that the app says not responding after signal loss and I almost got a reboot everything while I'm flying to get a FPV Booster. Could be just an issue of needing to update my app. Of course I don't want to do that because I'm afraid I won't get the same distance when I update the app you never know what DJI sneaks in there! But if it's going to crash on every flight or cause poor signal issues that I have no excuse not update!
So thank you for the advice I will be giving that App a try! I say try everything[emoji41]

Reactions: Reed L
You're going to be so impressed with this antenna sk! I've never used these personally, but Jake at MAXXUAV is recommending these to his customers for your situation
7″ Inch 7dbi Gray Antenna (pair)
I have to stop reading your posts. You're probably responsible for making me spend at least 500 bucks in mods now, lol. Now this. I love the dual magnet mounts for the car. Which of the black antennas do you think would be good for the P3A? He has a number of them to choose from. I'm thinking the 18" black 12dbi would be fine. Thoughts?

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I have to stop reading your posts. You're probably responsible for making me spend at least 500 bucks in mods now, lol. Now this. I love the dual magnet mounts for the car. Which of the black antennas do you think would be good for the P3A? He has a number of them to choose from. I'm thinking the 18" black 12dbi would be fine. Thoughts?
You think you spend a lot!! And I'm just a working man. That link I gave for those gray antennas is just what I read on another post I've never used those type of antennas so I couldn't recommend them personally. But just reading the specs there every bit as good as the stock antennas!

Well I know for a fact the different devices work better for some aircraft than others. I use a Samsung S5 for my go app but it doesn't work as good for the Wi-Fi on my vision app. And vice versa how use a iPhone 5s for Wi-Fi on the vision app , but the go app usually likes the Samsung better. But lately I've been noticing on the Samsung S5 that the app says not responding after signal loss and I almost got a reboot everything while I'm flying to get a FPV Booster. Could be just an issue of needing to update my app. Of course I don't want to do that because I'm afraid I won't get the same distance when I update the app you never know what DJI sneaks in there! But if it's going to crash on every flight or cause poor signal issues that I have no excuse not update!
So thank you for the advice I will be giving that App a try! I say try everything[emoji41]
You really owe it to yourself to grab an air2 if you don't use one. It's the ultimate for flight. Once you use one you will never use anything else. It's bigger than the mini's and phablets, but you like big so it should suit you perfectly, lol. Now go buy an air2 so I can get you back for making me spend money too. :cool:

Reactions: dirtybum
Yes it sends the info to HD plus all the battery info like GO which is programmable to c1 or c2. Sexy talking voice and 32 channels. I absolutely love it. I can't do 7000 feet with the go app over the city before interference knocks out my video. With UF a few blips here and there but a major difference to the point of 23,000 feet and back. For me, it just works.

Is this Android only? I don't see it in the App store.

NOT FOR SALE ANYMORE!!

TERMINATOR PANEL for sale, $150, includes FPVLR bracket and original bracket. Will not fit in my motorcycle topcase.
[email protected]

0a308fb3f7048f79adff3504d068f61f.jpg
6d1c0db3d124def8bb086c1ffb7835f2.jpg
664fdc1113e3c927281914c8483d0846.jpg

NOT FOR SALE ANYMORE

Last edited:
What about the specs on this TP link is it as good as that 7 dbi I can get it from Amazon cheap .
Amazon.com: TP-LINK TL-ANT2408CL 2.4GHz 8dBi Indoor Omni-directional Antenna, 802.11n/b/g, RP-SMA Female connector: Electronics
I just bought these, worked fine for a short 1 mile flight at the house as a test after the clean install kit cables were put in. Full signal but had to turn around, getting dark and I had left the ND16 filter on so I had almost no FPV visibility.

Will give them a good test this weekend, modified my windsurfer to see if it makes any difference. Need to make some taller for these antennas!

If my Maxx arrives today will compare that too.

I just bought these, worked fine for a short 1 mile flight at the house as a test after the clean install kit cables were put in. Full signal but had to turn around, getting dark and I had left the ND16 filter on so I had almost no FPV visibility.

Will give them a good test this weekend, modified my windsurfer to see if it makes any difference. Need to make some taller for these antennas!

If my Maxx arrives today will compare that too.
Hey thats great . They have good reviews on Amazon for wifi in general and are cheap. Give them a good test to see if they are at least as good or any better than stock .Thanks

I have been testing these 2.4 GHz 14 dBi Flat Panel Range Extender Antennas, unboosted it beats my fpvlr v2 boosted setup. If you have noodle arms dont try this at home.

antenna.jpg

I have been testing these 2.4 GHz 14 dBi Flat Panel Range Extender Antennas, unboosted it beats my fpvlr v2 boosted setup. If you have noodle arms dont try this at home.

View attachment 53645
Good job tryin sumpin new nix!
Thinkin the big companies might just be taking these cheapies and repackaging![emoji41]
Can you show some diff angles

View attachment 53645
Hey nix have you got any flight data from these panels, I've been looking at something very similar.

Hey nix have you got any flight data from these panels, I've been looking at something very similar.
in my area which is urban, heavily wooded, wifi, main power transmission lines and cell towers.

all these distances are when I started to get weak video signal and the RC signal was still strong.

Stock antenna 2500ft
stock antenna windsurfer 3500ft
itelite nonboosted 3700ft
itelite boosted 4265ft
fpvlr nonboosted 3900ft
fpvlr boosted 6200ft...
2.4 GHz 14 dBi Flat Panel Range Extender nonbosted 6500ft
2.4 GHz 14 dBi Flat Panel Range Extender boosted 7500ft

these 2.4 GHz 14 dBi Flat Panel Range Extenders have 4' cables which I plan on mounting on a tripod.

in my area which is urban, heavily wooded, wifi, main power transmission lines and cell towers.

all these distances are when I started to get weak video signal and the RC signal was still strong.

Stock antenna 2500ft
itelite boosted 4265ft
fpvlr nonboosted 3900ft
fpvlr boosted 6200ft...

these 2.4 GHz 14 dBi Flat Panel Range Extenders have 4' cables which I plan on mounting on a tripod.
Nice work laying it out there for us nix! Can't argue with those numbers

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV

Stock antenna 2500ft
itelite boosted 4265ft
fpvlr nonboosted 3900ft
fpvlr boosted 6200ft...

What do you mean by "fpvlr"? You mean his helical? If so, which one? And what did you have on the bird with that helical? Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT