Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

Woop, woop!
11bm8ts.jpg
You're in for a treat Chris! Please share your experiences back here

Worth a shot

Worth a shot
Thanks Pro! I'll give it a shot when I get home! The problem is I never trust my testing skills with those multi meters. I have two of them and I'm always wondering if I'm doing something wrong. But that video laid it all out there for you. Is that yours or YouTube? You can leave it a mystery if you want to save your secret identity[emoji41]

I thought with that 19+ mile flight with the terminator boosted and some of those penetration tests unboosted, that the boosted terminator was bulletproof! I just flew a flight path over houses and buildings and right through a major downtown area, and even on the way out it wasn't going as solid as I would've liked to seen although it was manageable. On the way back I dropped signal so many times, which reduced my speed to 20 miles an hour several times, that I had to fall short of home point on what would've been a slamdunk flight! I've flown the same flight path before with boosted V2 and had less problems! I'm not ready to blame it on the terminator yet or the environment, I'm wondering if I don't have a bad cable. The log is broken to five logs this is the first onehttp://healthydrones.com/main?share=mEYVVn

Hey DB you use Go app right? I solved all my signal drops by using Ultimate Flight for mine. I haven't looked back since. I am trying to figure out why more pilots haven't migrated to this platform.

Lol it was a youtube video. I have a really good meter if you need one..its just like checking plug wires

Hey DB you use Go app right? I solved all my signal drops by using Ultimate Flight for mine. I haven't looked back since. I am trying to figure out why more pilots haven't migrated to this platform.
I have almost every third-party app on the market and I've had problems with most of them, i'm never checked into that one!thanks bro! You don't use it for fancy stuff just for normal flights, and can you still log your flights to HD?

Lol it was a youtube video. I have a really good meter if you need one..its just like checking plug wires
Yes send me a link to a good one, mine are pretty simple and I never can figure them out(or at least trust them)

I ordered the Terminator . I was thinking of getting some screw on antennas for those times when I am flying shorter distances and might not want to attach the terminator . Do you know if the antennas at this site are any good at least as good or a little better than the stock ones .
18″ Black 12dbi Antenna (pair)

I tend to think it's not the cables, but what do I know. If you can get out really far but not as far as another run, that seems interference is more likely. I would think a bad cable would shut you down completely, or way more severely. The trees may have had more leaves. The houses may have caused more interference. Any number of things could have whacked you. Bad cable maybe, but not as likely I don't think.

View attachment 52477
We've got two different awesome antennas out on the market right now and it was time to put them to a side-by-side test.
The Terminator from Horizon
The Maxxrange from DBS
Lots of tests are sure to come from both of these antennas and a lot of different pilots and you're welcome to post them results here.
My test was UNBOOSTED
P3A 1.6 fw new motors
Battery modded
GL300B controller
I turned both around at 50% bat
Using a tripod (faced it almost level w/ horizon & never moved it during entire flight!
Terminator:
150'-250' 100% signal entire trip
45000' unboosted. NICE[emoji41]
Maxxrange:
150'-250' after 20000' I was still only 200' high and a couple bars dropped on the video signal, I went up to 250' @ 25000'and never had the issue again.
39000'
This was my first flight with the Maxxrange, and even though it dropped a couple bars, I'm still going to have to call this first round a tie. These are both great antennas!
The Terminator is tough,unbreakable,&dependable!
The Maxx is light,cute,clean,&every thing you love about the little DBS panel.
Both these antennas are game changers for all of us, no matter what our goals[emoji41]
Maxx HD
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
Terminator HD
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
Do you know that why Suppler of Maxx(DBS) is out of antennas at the moment?

I tend to think it's not the cables, but what do I know. If you can get out really far but not as far as another run, that seems interference is more likely. I would think a bad cable would shut you down completely, or way more severely. The trees may have had more leaves. The houses may have caused more interference. Any number of things could have whacked you. Bad cable maybe, but not as likely I don't think.
Thanks for your opinion on that Shock! I think you may be onto something, because I was thinking the same thing that if I had a bad antenna cable I would've noticed it from the start. The fact is I was flying over neighborhoods and a metropolis. Even though I've flown that path before, every day is different (it is Friday the 13th )and even though I have line of sight over the tops of trees, it is springtime and I've only been flying the p3 series at these types of distances since fall of last year so it is probably greener than I've encountered at these extreme distances. Of course those are all excuses, but my opinion remains the same I wouldn't let this one flight that I had over a major city environment sway you from buying this panel

I ordered the Terminator . I was thinking of getting some screw on antennas for those times when I am flying shorter distances and might not want to attach the terminator . Do you know if the antennas at this site are any good at least as good or a little better than the stock ones .
18″ Black 12dbi Antenna (pair)
You're going to be so impressed with this antenna sk! I've never used these personally, but Jake at MAXXUAV is recommending these to his customers for your situation
7″ Inch 7dbi Gray Antenna (pair)

So that videos an accurate way to test them huh Tom?
That test in the video will tell you if a conductor is broken internally but wont tell you if its just a poor connection. the braiding internally
can separate from the crimped connector and only say half of the braid connected making for a weak connection. I dont know what
the ohm resistance should be on each conductor, best to just try a new cable.

I have almost every third-party app on the market and I've had problems with most of them, i'm never checked into that one!thanks bro! You don't use it for fancy stuff just for normal flights, and can you still log your flights to HD?
Yes it sends the info to HD plus all the battery info like GO which is programmable to c1 or c2. Sexy talking voice and 32 channels. I absolutely love it. I can't do 7000 feet with the go app over the city before interference knocks out my video. With UF a few blips here and there but a major difference to the point of 23,000 feet and back. For me, it just works.

Reactions: dirtybum

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT