Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

Are you happy w/ the range you get fastfed? If you are then thats all that matters, dont believe what you read from us conspiracy theorist! Luckily, with these two new amazing antennas that came out this year are able to overcome the transmission downfalls of the newer FW's
...and the stated reduction in power outputs on the FCC ID#'s for the latest GL300C transmitter and the W323A and W323B aircraft video power, over earlier GL300A And GL300B transmitters and the original W323 aircraft. That was even before any possible firmware reductions in power outputs.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Can ANYONE confirm that the GL300C controller is less powerful than the GL300A/B controllers?

Can ANYONE confirm that the GL300C controller is less powerful than the GL300A/B controllers?
With 100% certainty! Check the FCC ID#'s for each. Pair the P4 with a P3 GL300A or GL300B or Inspire GL658C for much better range, even without an antenna mod.

Just like I used to have ranges issues with my old motors bird around 4 to 5 mile area, and I could fight through it and be fine out to 8 miles, where my new motors bird would sail right through it. Now with these new panels either bird will do just fine, 100 percent signal 10 miles and back

Just like I used to have ranges issues with my old motors bird around 4 to 5 mile area, and I could fight through it and be fine out to 8 miles, where my new motors bird would sail right through it. Now with these new panels either bird will do just fine, 100 percent signal 10 miles and back
You 'da man! :D

Reactions: dirtybum
You 'da man! :D
Yea he is the resident rock star.:cool:

I know I posted my own thread about my issue, but I should have just posted it in here.

Ordered Maxx Antenna from Jake, works great! Decided to go boosted , set it up and flew it and got 3k feet before I lost video, realized the right amp was solid white, left was blinking blue. I swapped the amps around yet no matter what, the right side would be solid white. Jake said it could be a bad amp, confused since I swapped them , I agreed to buy a new amp and send back the bad one. Got the new one yesterday, and still no matter what right side shows solid white.

Someone stated you don't need to 2 amps? that the right side is for receiving only .
I'm really really lost here,Jake mentioned maybe I should send all 3 amps to him so he can find out which ones are bad, but all 3 amps will work if they are on the left side , at least they show a blinking blue light.

please help, im pretty deep into this money wise, maybe I simply cannot go boosted for some reason? Its a P3P

I have the same problem.
I'm getting a new amp from Jake.
I'll let you know what happens when I get it.

I'm just out of town till Tuesday so sorry for popping in & then back out. If you are having an issue with a booster it's actually not the white one that is the issue, it's the blue one.

Try swapping the blue one out to the other one, this should solve the problem.

I will be back Tuesday and I'll try to pop on and give you some more info on this. Let me know if that helps !

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Didn't these guys say they did that already?

Seems like theres issues with the gold amps...anyone using the silver or black amps that have these issues?

sent from my POS Samsung Galaxy

Seems like theres issues with the gold amps...anyone using the silver or black amps that have these issues?

sent from my POS Samsung Galaxy
I use all three types and have no issues with them. On one setup, I have one silver and one gold, while on the other setup, I am using two black ones.

I use the old silver ones and never had an issue.

Didn't these guys say they did that already?

yea this makes NO SENSE what so ever! I have THREE gold amps, no matter what, they all show solid white on the right side, all 3 will show blue on the left.

Swapping around like a big circle of amps, makes no difference, yet I'm told its still an amp issue?
I'll be more than shocked to find that to be the case, but Jacob asked me to ship back all 3 amps, which I will be doing and he will go through them.

Good day pilots,

I fly with MaxxRange antenna 12db and I came across this forum
Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!
I read a few pages I must say and not the 87...

Terminator 14db should be stronger signal...

Do you suggest me to buy the terminator antenna ?

I was planning to buy the new Titan antenna having a booster included in the antenna but it's very expensive compared to the Terminator. Is there any video with the Terminator antenna and Phantom 3 ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj