Max wind speed rating MP vs P3P vs P4/P4P vs I1 vs I2

Reaction score
Does any one or (@msinger) know the max wind rating for these birds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they can fly in some pretty stiff wind but if you can not move into the headwind it is too windy. I few the other day and was only able to hit 6mph flying into the wind.

If you fly with the wind and then turn around for the return trip on low battery % you are likely not making it back.

Yes, but I think they are rated for stable footage/etc

I have a P3P and flew in a 22 mph wind. I got warnings saying the bird "modality limited " when flying directly into the wind. This keeps the bird from tilting too severely in order to move forward. That said, I'm not sure of max wind.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yes, but I think they are rated for stable footage/etc

Steady VS gusty wind would also be a factor. You may already know this but be aware that the winds at different altitudes can be much much different than that at ground level.

Today the wind is howling! At 33 feet it is 22mph and at 150 it is at 30mph, 300 feet it is at 36mph and 400 feet it is at 40mph!

I had a crazy friend fly his at the beach in 48 mph winds..... To say the least, he has crashed three of them. I would never fly in anything over 18 mph.

Does any one or (@msinger) know the max wind rating for these birds?
The max wind is documented in DJI's manuals -- which aren't yet available for the P4P and I2.

In both the P4 and I1 manuals, DJI recommends not flying in winds exceeding 22 MPH (10 m/s). While both aircraft can technically fly in stronger winds, the Inspire will no doubt handle stronger winds better if you compare them. I'm assuming we're going to see the same when the P4P and I2 are compared.

As for flying in 48 MPH winds, that's likely a bad idea when using any type of DJI aircraft.

Reactions: 2nd2non
@msinger I guess I was looking for some "practical" advice on limits until shaky footage or inability to hover. I know a lot is based on motor and prop size.
Do you happen to know between the MP and P4?

DJI has the same recommendation for the Mavic.

I haven't tried flying my Mavic in winds over ~15 MPH. As far as I can tell, it performs in similar winds equally as well as all of my other DJI aircraft. I'm sure I would see some small differences if I hovered all of them in place in windy conditions, but that's a bit pedantic since those small differences would not matter to most pilots.

I don't fly is winds are over 18mph. It's less stress on the bird and more fun when you don't have to worry about the wind messing with you constantly .

I flew 46000+ foot round trip yesterday in decent wind.... no issues whatsoever as far as the P4. I was not recording video during the flight but did get some pics....
3380c0ed8aa5b439559aab8dd52160e3.jpg

I wasn't worried at all.... never dropped below 25mph going into the wind in P mode w sensors off....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic