Max temperatures!

Reaction score
It's going to be hotting up here in the UK for a bit! Wondering is there any temperatures that we cannot fly in? Temperatures are going to average around 28° this week. Which is roughly around 85 Fahrenheit. This may seem cool to some of you but I have never flown in this temperature..advice and thoughts please

The best rule of thumb for electronics is... If your comfortable so is your craft. If your hot.... It is to. I believe is is not recommend to fly over 105 degrees as the components will not get adequate cooling at that temperature.

I"m in Dallas so heat in the summer is always a problem. My biggest problem is with my ipad air 2...it overheats quickly if its hot (I normally make very short flights if its hot outside and I need to get a shot).

nothing like having your ipad go out in midflight

One thing to consider, my P2V+ acts really strange when she goes from cold to hot. She's well insulated in foam in a backpack and needs to acclimate before everything works properly. More than once, I lifted off after pre-flight and had no right stick input. Very scary.

I'm giving her at least 15 minutes out of the bag and testing right stick response before putting the props on. Temperatures at my launch points have been in the 29 - 32c range with high humidity and dewpoints.

Going to be 112º here today, flew at 0730 and it was already close to 80º. The temp limit is going to be limited more by your tablet than the P3 I am thinking, much over 90º they start lagging and crashing, at least my IOS devices do. Have a new Air 2 and will be watching that to see if it gets as hot as the Mini 2 did, so far seems not.

Reactions: Oso
DJI P3 Spec sheet says 32 Degrees Fahrenheit to 104 Degrees Fahrenheit. I know this because I RTFM. Lol

I"m in Dallas so heat in the summer is always a problem. My biggest problem is with my ipad air 2...it overheats quickly if its hot (I normally make very short flights if its hot outside and I need to get a shot).

nothing like having your ipad go out in midflight

I haven't experienced that yet with my iPad Air 2. I did with my iPad Mini 2 though. Do you have Hardware Decode turned on on the Air 2? If not you might try that to keep things cooler.

It's going to be hotting up here in the UK for a bit! Wondering is there any temperatures that we cannot fly in? Temperatures are going to average around 28° this week. Which is roughly around 85 Fahrenheit. This may seem cool to some of you but I have never flown in this temperature..advice and thoughts please
I'm here in kuwait and the temperature 45c , i fly my phantom 4 at this temperature so it ok

Reactions: Mark The Droner
And he's just OK with that. A warm summer afternoon lol. Making me feel a little sensitive... A/c on already and it's not even June lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic