Mavic Release Discussion

clackey

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Lets use this single thread to discuss the new mavic launch so we don't end up with a dozen different threads.

DJI Mavic Product Page - Mavic - Wherever you go

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
On another board, comments (generally all favorable) are flying fast and furious. There's speculation that Karma might be DOA. No one (certainly not me) saw any of this coming. If the Mavic does what it says it'll, do, then for the price point, all I can say is OMG! And if I wanted to guarantee a divorce, I'd let my wife know what I was thinking right now,.

looks awesome. can you hand catch in windy conditions...looking at the body id say no. also, trying to see if that lens will allow for ND filters...looks really sharp, specs seem on point. call me interested...will wait for more details and insight from you folks...im still enjoying the capabilities of my P3P

Reactions: ObiDon and Yeager74
Well, it doesn't require a giant carrying case. That's a pretty big plus so far. I'm curious if the camera truly is as good as the P4 in that form factor, though.
The P4 is nothing but a glorified smartphone camera. Why shouldn't it be? Seems to check out too - same 4K/30fps and 12 megapixel photos.

why would anyone buy a phantom 4 compared with this?? What does the Phantom 4 do better?

looks awesome. can you hand catch in windy conditions...looking at the body id say no. also, trying to see if that lens will allow for ND filters...looks really sharp, specs seem on point. call me interested...will wait for more details and insight from you folks...im still enjoying the capabilities of my P3P

in the promo vid, they catch/release by hand. doesnt look safe since the blad is so close to the hand now. but looks doable.

That thing is absolutely bad-***. If I had more time I'd definitely be getting back in the game.

Now I can get this for less then half of what I paid last year :) The P3P's are worth $300 now, and that's just fine :) I'm ready to buy because space is a big thing in our little Casita trailer.

What op system is in the controller? Hope its not app-dependant too much and can fly without needing software running or some update will ground them all lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers