Mavic Mini Goes 3.5 Miles.

Reaction score
I know this is Phantom Pilots, but I don’t feel like making a acount for one post. And I think people with find this interesting.

This guy flew his Mavic Mini18,000 ft away, and only turned around when he had 50% battery. He crashed it into a bank about ten feet away from where he landed, with 0% battery. The video quality and detail also immensely impressed me, and made me want one.

Does dji say the battery is lower than it is, so you think?

Reactions: Aerial Focus LLC
I know this is Phantom Pilots, but I don’t feel like making a acount for one post. And I think people with find this interesting.

This guy flew his Mavic Mini18,000 ft away, and only turned around when he had 50% battery. He crashed it into a bank about ten feet away from where he landed, with 0% battery. The video quality and detail also immensely impressed me, and made me want one.

We have noticed that the phantom is quicker to land than than the Mini , you can fly that at zero percent for and extra 50 ft or so which is do to the light weight , but not the phantom.

You don't have to as it has been posted already several times in Mavic Forum.
And is ok to post it here in the section i just moved it to.

Even though the Mini is too light to be constrained by good practice safety rules, it would seem the visual flight rule makes sense. How far away can you actually see the Mini?

Reactions: BigAl07
Excellent test.
It's a worthless test, against FAA rules (beyond line of sight), and shows serious lack of judgement. Idiotic stunts like this is one reason the FAA is regulating the drone industry, requiring inflight transmission and collection of drone data (like a realtime airliner "black box"). This guy is lucky he was close enough to the ground and landed in a grass field with apparently no damage, but he could have hit someone.

Not sure why the FAA appears to be ignoring this obvious violation of visual flight rules.

Waypoint question.......TIA
Lets say I start out on a rather lengthy photo mission....8 waypoints stopping to photograph. Halfway thru the mission, my remote goes blank, dead, no work no more........
at that point, does the automated mission complete then RTH or will the RTH start when the remote went dead?

Think of a drone as a quarter of a kilo weight, travelling at 20 mph with rotating case knife blades at each corner. Would you accept some idiot flying near you with almost no battery, hence no control authority, left?
It needs a few well publicized prosecutions to clear the skies of these people who are just not intelligent enough to be pilots.

Reactions: Drones Pilot
Think of a drone as a quarter of a kilo weight, travelling at 20 mph with rotating case knife blades at each corner. Would you accept some idiot flying near you with almost no battery, hence no control authority, left?
It needs a few well publicized prosecutions to clear the skies of these people who are just not intelligent enough to be pilots.

Haha pretty funny. Reality check. Roughly 800 million strikes of lightning on earth surface daily and you worried about a drone hitting you. Lol. Now that’s funny.

Wanted add no agreement of this flight or picking on you ok. Just want to point out we as a group need to see the bigger picture and do a real reality check on what’s coming to us.

Its mentally ill people like this, that will force the FAA into changing the .55 registration law to .10

Its mentally ill people like this, that will force the FAA into changing the .55 registration law to .10

EXACTLY!! I honestly wouldn't be one bit surprised to see the Min Weight to go down much lower with the release of the highly capable Mavic Mini. I could be wrong but I could be right . . .

Reactions: xspwhite

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub