Mavic Air enhanced wifi (former P3P owner)

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently switched to a mavic air after selling my P3P. It was a long lasting love, as I had the P3P for almost 3 years, never crashed it and made amazing shots. But it was a bit problematic when it came to portability.

Fast forward.... already made a few flights with the Air and I noticed sometimes interference and lag in the transmitted image ( sometimes event even from 100-150m which is strange compared to what you usually see on youtube tests and the claimed maximum range - ok, 4km o paper, but I would expect it to be 500m in real life at least).
I've flown in the city, right after exiting the city and in rural areas. Used Auto setting as well es Custom 2.4 or 5.8 Ghz. The maximum I was able to achieve was 900m (custom channel, 2.4) and the other extreme, I had been disconnected after about 80-100 distance somewhere near the city centre but in clear visual line of sight ( above a river >>> tried auto, 2.4, 5.8 channels manually, same result).

Am I missing anything other than that ? This seems strange to me, especially when a friend from Paris (with full auto settings) says to me that he has flown 400-500m in the city without any issues or interference.

Is there anything else you need to take care when you use this type (enhanced wifi) connection ?

Thanks !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj