Rescue

Reaction score
My P3P and Eds Mavic found a downed plane that was flown on 72mHz and control was lost. Apparently from interference on his freq. His battery checked out OK after it was retrieved, so be warned flying 72 mHz there may be problems in the area to the right of the soccer field as you approach the RR tracks, that is where control was lost.

We later apparently had some problems in the same are on 900 mHz and 1.3Ghz on an FPV wing, but Ed managed to get back in control. I was fine on 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz.

MRs really are great at finding planes in 6' tall weeds. I could see Graham pass within 10' of the plane on the ground. We then placed both MRs directly above the downed plane and it was rescued.

Below is a video of the daring Rescue, I hear from the pilot/mechanic that the YouCanDo will be up in the air again soon.

Olof

Reactions: Numone and dirkclod
We've used similar tactics in our club ...

I also have a piece of kit in my van that comes in handy ... a Kiddies Metal Detector ... all $30 worth.

Found a few LiPo's with that !! RC models have a habit of 'ejecting' LiPo's when they decide to spear ground ... often lost into the grass / brush ...

Nigel

I guided my mate to the exact spot his fixed wing had - ahem... landed - in a field of 6' high maize. Given the distance the AC was from the boarder of the field, without the 3A flying 20' above it, he would simply never have found it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94