DJI just keeps getting better!

Reaction score
To date I haven't any problems with my P4PV2.
I've flown it both at Sea Level in CA and with takeoffs up in the Rocky Mountains at up to 10,000' plus MSL.

I've never lost a signal even while shooting a video at 8,000' ASL down as low as 15' AGL following and circling a friend bale hay who was a half mile away "below LOS". This was in an area miles from any WiFi and other types of interference.

Last week I was in Silicon Valley that is loaded with all sorts of 2.4 Mhz, 5.8 Mhz, and other electronic interferences demonstrating to my son at Sea Level the P4PV2 precision RTH capabilities when it came back and landed without assistance to within 2 inches on a small paving stone from where it took off from.

I also have a MP that lands where it took off from and a I1V2 that I have to assist with the RTH landings. My P3P, like my I1V2, would return.

I remember a couple of years ago of how my new at the time P4 amazed me and friends when it would land within 4+' from where it took off from.

You mentioned RTH accuracy. I've rarely had to use it but the other day I had a video shoot around a huge building complex. When the HDMI out got tugged a bit by the director it caused the controller to disconnect. RTH engaged and brought the bird down about 8" from the takeoff point. It's nice to have that kind of emergency backup.

Reactions: Dee4president
I see a lot of compliments about DJI and some have to be true but, personally they have been outstanding I have had nothing but outstanding customer service, fast shipping and always a great buying experience. Their product set the standards and is goal setter for other companies. Right now it’s the only drone I would and will buy.

Reactions: tleedom
Perhaps DJI have eventually got the message about firmware - If It aint broke....., which would be great news indeed! But I doubt it.

Most people who use this forum will have seen the misery caused to 1000's of people in the past with P4 series by FW updates - rendering functional systems useless overnight with no roll-back possible in many cases.

Visit the DJI forum and take a look at the problems with the Inspire 2 system.

But they are brilliantly designed, complex systems, rolled out at an unbelivably low price and outstanding value for money. Service, in my opinion is good too.

If they could just leave them alone when they are working!!

Yes DJI is the leader and needs some good competition to make it even better
I like my P3A, but I was told recently that mine is no longer supported... 3 years old. My camera is not responding and Dronefly told me it's no longer being repaired. So now, I have a $1200.00 paperweight.

Reactions: grego122
I like my P3A, but I was told recently that mine is no longer supported... 3 years old. My camera is not responding and Dronefly told me it's no longer being repaired. So now, I have a $1200.00 paperweight.
Same thing with the v1.0 no support one day it will be a collectible drone!
I'm gonna keep it's still flying!:)

DJI is a foreign owned company that is after one thing. They have been consistently thoughtless towards the customer, and could care less that updates, upgrades, product quality and improvement to include their terrible track record of warranty work and taking ownership of their lack of and neglect towards customer satisfaction and customer care. Their past performance has been borderline criminal. Too bad many of you have short memories and again, DJI will discontinue support of many of it's so so good models and forget the customer. YES, DJI KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER.

Reactions: giorgimonk
Yes i had dji products which were discontinued, had problems which i repaired , however i have to admit that DJI drones are the best aircrafts for aerial photography, not comparing it to alta with $100k camera. Also almost every brand has problems with reliability like yuneec, Ehang etc...

I know that feeling :( , this forum has a lot of great users who know how to work with DJI drones maybe you can ask for help here and find the non working part and replace it

Mine still flies, too. No problems there, but the main reason I fly is to get pix/video. I suppose I could stick a GoPro on it, but then I'd be back to the pre-gimbal shakiness, etc.

But I may have found a few independent places that fix them, so we'll see if that works.

Heavy sigh.

To date I haven't any problems with my P4PV2.
I've flown it both at Sea Level in CA and with takeoffs up in the Rocky Mountains at up to 10,000' plus MSL.

I've never lost a signal even while shooting a video at 8,000' ASL down as low as 15' AGL following and circling a friend bale hay who was a half mile away "below LOS". This was in an area miles from any WiFi and other types of interference.

Last week I was in Silicon Valley that is loaded with all sorts of 2.4 Mhz, 5.8 Mhz, and other electronic interferences demonstrating to my son at Sea Level the P4PV2 precision RTH capabilities when it came back and landed without assistance to within 2 inches on a small paving stone from where it took off from.

I also have a MP that lands where it took off from and a I1V2 that I have to assist with the RTH landings. My P3P, like my I1V2, would return.

I remember a couple of years ago of how my new at the time P4 amazed me and friends when it would land within 4+' from where it took off from.
Mine, a P4, P4P, And Mavic Pro, I1V2 everyone of them have performed flawlessly (knock on wood), maybe I’m lucky, or could be I just take good care of them whatever the reason,, I’m a big fan of DJI’s equipment, their customer service and such leaves a lot to be desired! But seriously performance wise... They have performed admirably well!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20