Mars parachutes

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

Just curious about these mars parachutes i see in add poping up,is anyone tryed or is useing one on board,cant find much info on these ,weight,mounting,utube clip just shows it working,looks better than letting drone hit the deck,might be nother good investment,

Reactions: andyimages
I did have a look at them some time ago but from memory, they were quite expensive. They may be of use if they deploy after a bird strike or a similar event, but I couldn't justify the cost given the few scenarios where they would be of use. My biggest nightmare would be if I was caught up in a NFZ, the drone hovered and auto landed when the battery reached critical level. A parachute would be of no use and with the wind today gusting between 70-90 kph, I wouldn't find find it anyway.

I did have a look at them some time ago but from memory, they were quite expensive. They may be of use if they deploy after a bird strike or a similar event, but I couldn't justify the cost given the few scenarios where they would be of use. My biggest nightmare would be if I was caught up in a NFZ, the drone hovered and auto landed when the battery reached critical level. A parachute would be of no use and with the wind today gusting between 70-90 kph, I wouldn't find find it anyway.
Ok expensive that bit scary,all these post lately about crashing and fallen from sky got me bit bothered ,never crashed or dropped out the sky yet so must be soon,you centenly wouldent want it open in flight so wonder how they work,mayby freefall before open or c1 or c2 triggers it,,im sure the xiro 3dr drone has some sort of shute did read somewhere,oh i guess that puts new meaning of hand catching,thanks for reply and take care. Ian :)

Reactions: tevek
Ok expensive that bit scary,all these post lately about crashing and fallen from sky got me bit bothered ,never crashed or dropped out the sky yet so must be soon,you centenly wouldent want it open in flight so wonder how they work,mayby freefall before open or c1 or c2 triggers it,,im sure the xiro 3dr drone has some sort of shute did read somewhere,oh i guess that puts new meaning of hand catching,thanks for reply and take care. Ian :)
No worries big guy, I think it's a bit tempting to go get drawn into the grief you read here occasionally. You obviously have quite a lot of experience and hopefully avoid the pitfalls you have read about. The parachutes and floatation devices I have read about, as far as I'm concerned, are the last minute devices you use if something catastrophic occurs (very rare) or if you panic and pull the trigger. The weather over is absolute shite but I flew today in very windy conditions and trusted my own judgement and eased it back with a smile on my face. Where you live sounds the same and your experience is your guide.

No worries big guy, I think it's a bit tempting to go get drawn into the grief you read here occasionally. You obviously have quite a lot of experience and hopefully avoid the pitfalls you have read about. The parachutes and floatation devices I have read about, as far as I'm concerned, are the last minute devices you use if something catastrophic occurs (very rare) or if you panic and pull the trigger. The weather over is absolute shite but I flew today in very windy conditions and trusted my own judgement and eased it back with a smile on my face. Where you live sounds the same and your experience is your guide.
Choice yes good advice ,spend to long reading when i should be working i mean flying,yeh bit of a ugly cold winter here,was good chance to fix and check everything,but all charged and ready

Reactions: tevek
Do you fly in these kind of wind?
Not normally but I have been stuck inside for a week or two with constant wind and rain. The wind was at around 30 kph but according to my UAV forecast the gusts were as mentioned. Certainly made it dance and only flew for about ten minutes.

This system allows to lower loads to Mars not heavier than 1 ton, and future missions to this planet will become heavier - up to 3 tons and more. According to calculations, the landing of humans on Mars will require the delivery of vehicles weighing 15–20 tons. Therefore, NASA continues to find out whether a smooth descent in a rarefied atmosphere of vehicles with the help of giant parachutes is possible.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl