Many Logs for one Flight

Reaction score
Hello,
Today I was flying when all of a sudden it looked like the phantom was free falling and spinning from the iPad. I realized it was the gimbal spinning and I was able to land safely. I went to check the .dat logs and it says there are 10 just from today. I only changed the battery once or twice, so I am a little confused about why. How do I know which log has the necessary gimbal data, or should I import them all into excel to see? I already tried looking at the .txt logs but I didnt see gimbal data.
Thanks

Hello,
Today I was flying when all of a sudden it looked like the phantom was free falling and spinning from the iPad. I realized it was the gimbal spinning and I was able to land safely. I went to check the .dat logs and it says there are 10 just from today. I only changed the battery once or twice, so I am a little confused about why. How do I know which log has the necessary gimbal data, or should I import them all into excel to see? I already tried looking at the .txt logs but I didnt see gimbal data.
Thanks
Do you sync flight logs,that should give you 1,,evertime you start up in app it creates one whether you take off or not which could be it but not 10 times unless you turn on 10 times,,,,yes I've had a limb gimble which gives that fallen impression scary(with p4 only)

Also I got the dat file into excel, how do you view the gimbal orientation?
This depends upon what aircraft you have. You never specified. There are a few data points that are not recorded, depending on the aircraft. And the fact that you did not specify if your .dat file was a tablet .dat, or an aircraft .dat. they are different.

It is a p4a and an aircraft .dat
As you may or may not know, these are not directly importable to Excel. They must be converted first. As I recall the gimbal angles are not in the aircraft .dat file, however they are in the original .txt tablet file.

Thank you, I used datcon to convert them.
Yep...that's the best way. As for the .txt file....upload the to this link: Log Viewer
Download the "Verbose CSV" file from there. Extract it and load that in to Excel. That will give you the gimbal angles.
You can also load that in CSV View.....

Hello,
Thanks

A DAT file is created every time you power on the aircraft - even if you don't start the motors.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4