Manhattan Flying Location

Reaction score
Hey everyone, apologies if has been posted before but couldn't seem to find anything on the search function.

Just picked up a Phantom 3 and will be in NYC on May 12th/13th and would love to get some footage. Being from UK I don't want to find myself arrested and charged and not being allowed entry into the US again! That said was wondering if there were any places safe to fly. Was checking out Kai W's Vlog from Digitalrev and saw he was filming here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
(Drone footage around 4:35)

Would love to know where they're filming as I guess that's a safe place? Video seems fairly recent too so I can't see the rules having changed too much.

Many thanks for the help guys!

Hey everyone, apologies if has been posted before but couldn't seem to find anything on the search function.

Just picked up a Phantom 3 and will be in NYC on May 12th/13th and would love to get some footage. Being from UK I don't want to find myself arrested and charged and not being allowed entry into the US again! That said was wondering if there were any places safe to fly. Was checking out Kai W's Vlog from Digitalrev and saw he was filming here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
(Drone footage around 4:35)

Would love to know where they're filming as I guess that's a safe place? Video seems fairly recent too so I can't see the rules having changed too much.

Many thanks for the help guys!
Drones

I find the west side piers pretty safe to fly from...you won't run into nypd on the piers, but you will have NYC Parks Police (green uniforms, they drive the scooters). Be on the look out for them.

Common sense rules the day if you are going to "break the law" and fly your drone in NYC. Be wary of the helicopters, the ferries, the birds, the tourists, the wind, and other than that, enjoy the view.

Reactions: iamdjka
Thanks for the advice Tricky this is a lot of help! If you happen to be around flying on the day give me a heads up would be nice for some tips in the field :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic