Uploading video to various sites

Reaction score
I use my p34k to do ground video in 1080x1920 and love how it looks. I'll consider an Osmo if it becomes apparent this is something many clients want to do. For now its in a test phase and I'd hate to buy an Osmo and still have same issues. It does look goofy walking around a home for sale or a business filmong with a drone though.
After editing video using Filmora it looks great when viewed from my folder in Google Drive.
The problem I'm having is when I try to upload it to a Google Maps Page it looks bad. Google maps video is a fairly recent feature.
I'd like to do Google Maps videos for customers since the 360 market is saturated with so many people are already doing 360 photos.
I've tried various things like uploading in wmv as well as mp4. I can find no info about best Google Maps settings for video upload. It's a bummer that when people play a video on Facebook or Youtube from various devices that unless they know to change video settings it looks crappy a lot of the time. Nothing being standardized is a headache but I'm aware of some reasons it cannot be standard ughhh. This is the first one i did and have worked the bugs out with audio and timeline render as well as purchasing full version so I think of course future vids will be far better.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That was for a realtor friend since we are both new to what we are doing it did not need to be perfect. I'd hate to have a paying customer and have issues. Right now I'm more focused on working out the Google Maps thing Google Maps
Should i try filming in lower resolution as i saw someone in another post say 2.7k? Any suggestions about settings etc. are much appreciated in advance. it looks much better on Youtube https://youtu.be/Y23Y0Z5zNYM

Walking around with the drone works fine for me.
I had also considered an Osmo but the drone does the job and I don't have to spend any extra.
I find youtube the best place to upload to.

Thank you, that is a good point.I think the Google Maps version used in some countries allows uploading from YouTube which would be helpful. Funny thing is my Samsung phone does great video. I'd consider the new DJI stabilizer but really like the wide angle the Phantom has.You Tube was once a much better tool for helping market businesses but Maps is owning it now and I'm really interested in the video aspect of it.

After further trial and error/ research it's apparent that Google Maps really just wants us to upload video using our phones and not create advertisement type videos. 10 seconds on the fly or up to 30 seconds pre-recorded. But I'm not sure this 30 sec pre record time limit is accurate. As a work around I tried to download to my phone from a Drive folder but the codec killed it and only sound shows up. I think doing a video with a phone and stabilizer as part of a broader package of Google Maps optimization/helping my customer market will be the way going forward...Local Guides Connect - Be the first to share video on Google Maps - Local Guides Connect

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers