Making a Glare Guard For Your Phone Out of Cardboard?

Yes. Amazon Prime boxes work great for this purpose.

Sunshield.jpg

I made this out of black poster board, cost about $1 and there is enough material to make a couple of them. I can fold it up and fits in my case. I made one for the tablet and one for the phone, it works really good. Its not fancy but it only takes a few minutes to make one.

View attachment 36971

I made this out of black poster board, cost about $1 and there is enough material to make a couple of them. I can fold it up and fits in my case. I made one for the tablet and one for the phone, it works really good. Its not fancy but it only takes a few minutes to make one.
Looks pretty good! :)

If you are in the US, you know the tune. Sing while you build.
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ 5 dolla, 5 dolla sun shade ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ Any, Any, Mini ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
$5 Sun Shade - RC Groups

If you are in the US, you know the tune. Sing while you build.
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ Any, Any, Mini ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
$5 Sun Shade - RC Groups
Now I want a sub. :)
Looks good, I'll have double meat please.

I posted this earlier when I was using my iPhone 6 (which is smaller than your 6+) and the Phantom 3 battery box fits well as a sun shade. I am now using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7".

22939967562_669fbfd880_z.jpg

22927369996_50eb500171_z.jpg

22332219323_9a2874003a_z.jpg

Reactions: jimerb
I posted this earlier when I was using my iPhone 6 (which is smaller than your 6+) and the Phantom 3 battery box fits well as a sun shade. I am now using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7".

22939967562_669fbfd880_z.jpg

22927369996_50eb500171_z.jpg

22332219323_9a2874003a_z.jpg
Nice! Recycling at it's finest. Great repurpose. A shot of black rattle can and your set. ;)

Has anyone ever tried making a glare guard to shield your phone from glare while you're flying?

I have an IPhone 6S Plus with a Otterbox defender case (encases the screen) and all of the stock glare guards i've been looking for on Amazon don't seem to fit a big phone spec like that.

I'm thinking how hard can it be? Just wondering if anyone ever did that. Ever since I got Google Cardboard, I'm thinking anything might be possible.

I posted this foamcore shade I made for an iPad but the principle is the same: iPad 2 Sun Shade design | DJI Phantom Forum

Reactions: jimerb
Maybe this should be called the 'tight minge' thread - c'mon guys stump up the $20 for a proper sunshade to fit round your $1000+ remote & quad :) just sayin'

Well. If the same thing can be made for a fraction of the cost. Why the hell not... +1 for DIY stuff.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20