Major frustration trying to get my Phantom 3 Standard flying

Reaction score
I received this drone as a gift. I have spent hours and hours trying to get all pre-flight stuff like registration, and reading manuals, watching tutorials, checking out the actual drone, charging batteries, etc. Reading manuals has left me with the feeling that Phantom either has inept translators or wants customers to be more confused after reading them. Trying to work through both telephone and on line chat assistance left me with the feeling that Phantom does not care if I ever actually fly this drone. The result of trying to use their customer service has been being told that I should go buy a I phone 7 as that is the way the software is optimized. Using on line chat and being asked the same questions over and over Have you tried to reboot your control device? What is the first thing you see when you open the app, Try logging in again and again and again.

Reactions: Jimari
Reading manuals has left me with the feeling that Phantom either has inept translators or wants customers to be more confused after reading them.
I assume you are referring to the actual manuals as opposed to the quick start guide that comes with it? The manuals are extensive, but not that difficult to comprehend. What is it that you are having issues with? You can get more help here than from anything else.

I am looking for the way to get my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" to open and to run DJI GO for Phantom 3 Standard. I do not have other devices and descriptions on line of Galaxy products that should work are all around this model number. I have received different answers every time I have tried to deal with Phantom about this.

I do not have other devices and descriptions on line of Galaxy products that should work are all around this model number.
If these specs are correct, it is absolutely the bare minimum to run DJI GO. It may or may not. GO is RAM hungry! Have you enabled developer options? What Android version do you have?

TAB 3.7.png

Reactions: JoBe
I received this drone as a gift. I have spent hours and hours trying to get all pre-flight stuff like registration, and reading manuals, watching tutorials, checking out the actual drone, charging batteries, etc. Reading manuals has left me with the feeling that Phantom either has inept translators or wants customers to be more confused after reading them. Trying to work through both telephone and on line chat assistance left me with the feeling that Phantom does not care if I ever actually fly this drone. The result of trying to use their customer service has been being told that I should go buy a I phone 7 as that is the way the software is optimized. Using on line chat and being asked the same questions over and over Have you tried to reboot your control device? What is the first thing you see when you open the app, Try logging in again and again and again.
hey wow i hear you on that one. i was just saying in another post how samsung stuff is so hard to make work with these drones. i hope it works for you before you give up.

I have 4.4.2 I don't know about developer options. I don't know about developer options. I reset the thing to factory settings before down loading DJIgo. The app will not start It shows an opening screen and then sends me back to main screen

The app will not start It shows an opening screen and then sends me back to main screen
Never mind developer options. You don't use USB with a Phantom standard. 4.4.2 is Jelly Bean if I recall correctly. It is the oldest system that is "compatible" ( And I use compatible loosely ) with GO on any android device. You are 5 generations behind with that. ( Kit Kat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, and now Oreo. It is not surprising you are having difficulty. It is most likely not supported. And even if it is, your operation will be extremely laggy and slow, basically making the visual aspect useless.

Reactions: steve 604
OK I'll trash the tab 3 my friend came over and handed me a samsung tablet model sm-t350 Have not even turned it on yet. It is a galaxy Tab A android version 7.1.1 Samsung version 8.5

Last edited:
Now have stripped out as much as I can on the Galaxy tab A version 7.1.1 version 8.5 I have downloaded and installed DJI GO for android. It starts up but when I try to connect wifi to the DJI network it tells me I have wrong password. I went through this last night trying to work with chat help where they had me installing and uni9nstalling the dji go app 8 times before they said they did not know what was wronbg I should go out and buy a new I phone 7.

Reactions: P3P and umanbean
Don't go buying any iPhone as you don't need an iPhone I use a Motorola Moto 4 s and my p3s flies perfectly just make sure your phone is connected to the drones internet. When you turn the drone on and the remote check on your phones internet connection, once you're connected to the phantoms internet click on the dji app and pick the standard drone then click camera and you should be in the air quite quickly just set it up and a voice will tell you when you are good to go

I quite agree there is so much to do. A full manual should be provided for such an expensive unit. Trying to read the small print off a phone is near impossible. One must download manual off computer 50 plus pages.

I have been given a newer Samsung tab A. I have downloaded DJI GO for android from playstore. It opens on the tablet but I cannot connect the wifi because it tell me I am entering an incorrect password. I can long into DJI.com using the password. When I first started trying to connect wifi on the older tablet I was not asked for a password to connect to the wifi. What in the world am I doing wrong?

Don't go buying any iPhone as you don't need an iPhone I use a Motorola Moto 4 s and my p3s flies perfectly just make sure your phone is connected to the drones internet. When you turn the drone on and the remote check on your phones internet connection, once you're connected to the phantoms internet click on the dji app and pick the standard drone then click camera and you should be in the air quite quickly just set it up and a voice will tell you when you are good to go
Connecting to the wifi has become the latest issue. It tells me I have entered the wrong password but I can log in on the same device to DJI.COM with the same user and password.

It appears that I am at the same position as you not able to connect to WiFi after changing phones. DJI have put far to much security in place. Or is it that a 76 year old has lost the plot?

My P3P controller comes as a standard with 12341234 which the prev owner changed to something else.
1548014897162.jpeg

The password is the same on mine. I’m now thinking that the controller recognised the phone as not the original. So we will now have to look at how do we take controller back to new specifications. Maybe someone out there knows. What I do know is that DJI and their agents are not very interested in trying to help

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic