Maiden flight WOW

Reaction score
image.png
image.jpeg
So after a good long read of the manual (something I don't normally do), quick start guide and watching a few videos my P4P arrived earlier than expected. Charged and set up I finished work and headed home. RAIN....

So a bit more reading, looking at it, walking around with it, holding the controller etc

I packed it away hoping for some clear weather the next day. Sat looking at the box, then couldn't wait any longer. Still raining outside. Unpacked and set up sitting in the living room of my house butterflies because I have no idea how fast it takes off or handles. (Remember this is my first ever drone) props on checked a good look around at potential obstructions.

Lights camera action, up I went hovered, left, right rotations up a bit more then slowly back to a safe landing. Not the most exciting of maiden flights but it excites me and apart from waking the house with the noise I am super happy and ready for an outside flight. Bad weather is forecast for the next few days but failing that I have a large shed I might try to get a feel for it.

You must live here in Oregon also. Got my first drone about a week ago and have also experienced the rainy day blues.
My maiden voyage was indoors also but in my garage. I found out the hard way that it doesn't handle the same indoors because of poor GPS reception. The P4P probably does much better though.

Sent from my SM-J700T using PhantomPilots mobile app

I live in Ireland. It handles OK inside but there is some turbulance from back draft as expected in a confined space.

Have patience, don't fly in smaller places until you have good control. It must be worth waiting for a good weather to go out to open fields free of buildings and trees to have fun flying.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Techcop50

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31