Magnetic Declination Problem

yawnalot29 said:
cougar said:
Was not looking for a solution from anyone, just their own experiences with this problem, based on geographic locations.
Your suggestions are sound, but have no effect on the problem as far as I can tell.
Not trying to pick a fight or offend anybody just getting information from other affected people to this problem. After all this is what we do here, help each other. But you do not seem to have any problem with the issue at hand, but many do.

The original work-around I proposed is easiest. You still get the toilet bowl effect, but you don't get the negative impact of running into things. AT the end of the day, if your concern with toilet bowl effect is colliding into things, that's the easiest fix. As I can't see people trying to do serious videography with Waypoints since it does not allow you to pause (except manual)) or yaw for good shots.

There is another work-around that may compensate for the toilet bowl effect. You will need to fire up your Assistant Software. Or better yet, bring a laptop with Assistant software to field.

Thank you for that, but let me explain a bit more. Right now we are talking about 2 issues (related but still).
1 is the tbe that has been an issue for long time and one that I hope is going to be resolved with an upcoming (hopefully) update.
2. how this would impact the GS app and waypoints.

First one will abate after a while and if I compensate with the sticks until this goes away I am good.
Second parts with waypoints is where it goes bad, in my case so bad that the phantom was not able to find a single waypoint just chasing around and had to abort the mission. Same thing if I launch from air-borne. Hitting anything was not really a concern for me since I started the mission well clear of any obstructions. So for me, to get GS to work I have to do the first part and let the phantom find it self and by that time battery is low and can only do very short run in GS.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic