P4 Firmware low speed after update

Reaction score
Has anyone else had a problem with speed after the latest update? In sport mode my P4 is fine, but in regular P mode I can't get it to go faster than 8kph. Is there a solution?

I got the opposite, normalP mode, slightly faster, but sport mode much slower. Sport mode max now 42mph, used to be 49 mph.
I do not use sport mode much, but on a regular flight I strayed too far from home, and the low battery warning kicked in, I set off back, but it became obvious I would not make it, so switched to sport, and still struggling, so went to ATTI, and got back with 17%, OK still very safe, but below my normal comfort limits.
The old pre update sport mode would have got me home just fine.

I got the opposite, normalP mode, slightly faster, but sport mode much slower. Sport mode max now 42mph, used to be 49 mph.
I do not use sport mode much, but on a regular flight I strayed too far from home, and the low battery warning kicked in, I set off back, but it became obvious I would not make it, so switched to sport, and still struggling, so went to ATTI, and got back with 17%, OK still very safe, but below my normal comfort limits.
The old pre update sport mode would have got me home just fine.

Coming back faster actually uses more battery. The motors and props have to spin faster which in turn uses more battery power so I don't quite follow your logic. The intelligent battery is already doing calculations internally to know how far you are and how much battery is required to return to home point.

Coming back faster actually uses more battery. The motors and props have to spin faster which in turn uses more battery power so I don't quite follow your logic. The intelligent battery is already doing calculations internally to know how far you are and how much battery is required to return to home point.
I think there is a sweet spot for return speed about 25 mph seems. I was out over water at the time and wanted to get over land as this would have been a possible landing sight,even though 5000 feet out from my home point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan