Low Range on Phantom 3 4K

It is different for everyone depending on where you live. Your range numbers seem decent. Like I said, in the same place I can go twice as far in one direction as I can in the other.
I know Dirk got close to 7000' as I just him and I saw the complete flight log and healthy drone reports. It is real and we are not blowing sunshine you know where. Now if you really want to get out there pop on a DBS antenna! :D

I agree. It certainly depends on the time of day, year, weather, location and probably a few hundred other variables so different for everyone.

Well I must say that is impressive!
Others have impressed me with what they got. I can't say 100% they were stock as I wasn't there but was with mine .
It does matter about all the variables and knowing how to milk it . I fly by watching the signal bars and adjust from that .

Reactions: Mike's Bird
Well I can understand you being skeptical but there it is and I am shooting you straight .
Here watch the trip .

Where are you flying... Amish Country? Not a single electrical item in sight to interfere with Phantom wifi reception. :)

As noted before, I am impressed with the distance.

The 3 miles is in the country . You see in the video where I get the other . No Amish here,just rednecks .

The 3 miles is in the country . You see in the video where I get the other . No Amish here,just rednecks .
iu

Look at the distance 6670 feet on dirks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Rednecks that can appreciate swimming pools, circular driveways, and grain elevators next to their fairways. I LOVE AMERICA!!! That is some impressive stock distance indeed.

Reactions: dirkclod
Rednecks that can appreciate swimming pools, circular driveways, and grain elevators next to their fairways. I LOVE AMERICA!!! That is some impressive stock distance indeed.

Yea we had to ditch the trailer parks :)

Others have impressed me with what they got. I can't say 100% they were stock as I wasn't there but was with mine .
It does matter about all the variables and knowing how to milk it . I fly by watching the signal bars and adjust from that .

Dirkclod summarized the stock range issue nicely here. I've been out as as far as 4500 feet with stock - but I only tried that once. I have different results at the same location all the time. I have made it a habit to fly by visual, FPV and instruments on every flight. Some methods more than others depending on location and objective of the flight, but always by instruments. (Learned to do that here BTW.) I have only used a windsurfer mod (so far) and my max distance was 7949 feet. But that was to the point RTH kicked in - something I will never do again. Watch what the bird is telling you about video and controller signal strength and you'll always fly under control.

Reactions: dirkclod
Just purchased a Phantom 3 4K that has a WiFi link to the iPad and I have 2 problems.

1. The picture on the iPad whilst flying is delayed a bit and jumps?
2. I have not got very good range, regularly drops out around 500m and sometimes a lot less?

A friend of mine has the Phantom 3 2K which has a cable to link to the iPad and he does not have the same problems. He has a slight lag in the picture, nowhere near as bad as mine and he has 3 times the range.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.
I would like to make a point here that nobody else has so far and that is you will need a better micro SD to get a smooth video feed. When I removed the 16gb micro that came with my P34K and put in a 64gb SanDisk Extreem I bought from B&H online I noticed right away that my video feed was much better and very smooth. So a good Micro SD will help.

Just purchased a Phantom 3 4K that has a WiFi link to the iPad and I have 2 problems.

1. The picture on the iPad whilst flying is delayed a bit and jumps?
2. I have not got very good range, regularly drops out around 500m and sometimes a lot less?

A friend of mine has the Phantom 3 2K which has a cable to link to the iPad and he does not have the same problems. He has a slight lag in the picture, nowhere near as bad as mine and he has 3 times the range.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Your friend has advanced version which has Lightbridge, yours has Wi Fi only which is crap just like mine. Unless you have some range antenna mod installed (which of course will void your warranty) do not expect to get a good range, especially in Wi Fi congested area. A big big mistake on my end that I tried to save money over 4k Professional.

Also make sure you don't pick auto connect mode for password-free wi fi signals since my fpv device (Apple mini 4) has switched networks few times back causing fpv disconnect. Lots of drawbacks but I guess we'll have to lie with it.
Good luck!

7383 feet is crap? And how does an SD card have anything to do with video streaming to the phone? If you aren't recording the video is still being
I would like to make a point here that nobody else has so far and that is you will need a better micro SD to get a smooth video feed. When I removed the 16gb micro that came with my P34K and put in a 64gb SanDisk Extreem I bought from B&H online I noticed right away that my video feed was much better and very smooth. So a good Micro SD will help.

The video feed doesn't utilize the SD card.

Reactions: Rambo1
i
7383 feet is crap? And how does an SD card have anything to do with video streaming to the phone? If you aren't recording the video is still being

The video feed doesn't utilize the SD card.

I am always recording video when I fly. It seems to me that when I am recording and in flight in real time I am seeing what I am recording live as my video feed to my tablet. So that explains why I noticed right away a better video feed. Without any choppiness or distortions. Especially when flyig and making fast turns and movements. Totally smooth video! This tells me that while recording what I see on my monitor is what my recording is going to look like. The memory made the difference between night and day! And all I know is it works great for me...

So you are suggesting that recording video will result in a better live video feed than if you weren't recording? But only if you have an SD card that has more capacity than the 16gb card?

Hi.

I too have a phantom 3 4k and there is something wrong with the range. It says it can go 1.2km, but I flew it 90m up and the signal dropped out. Is there anyway to fix this?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20