Low Altitude Crash

Reaction score
So I crashed the other day.

When my PV2 took off, it drifted towards the house. I panicked and went left when I shoulda went right. Long story short I snapped the 2 propellers and one rotor seemed to not spin well after. I replaced the two rotors on the side that hit the house and connected my equipment up to the Vision Assistant and recalibrated. Now it seems to fly even worse! Drifts about (even with GPS lock) and throttles way up without my hands even touching the controls. I have to fight to get it back down to earth.

I'm going to replace the other two rotors since I noticed one of the rotors I didn't replace , stuttering. However, I have very little faith in being able to diagnose and fix this on my own.

Kaozom, the company I bought it from last year won't help, they're deferring to DJI. DJI hasn't answered ANY of my e-mails (3 e-mails and going on three weeks now) and I don't have three hours to be on hold when I call them. Are there any suggestions from anybody here???. Is there some place I can ship this to to be fixed? Please, please help me! I love my phantom and I want it back. I have flown over 2 dozen times and was becoming a more proficient pilot it was just that one moment of fear and panic that caused this whole situation. (The bird was only about 4 feet high).

I'm not sure how to post it here but I also have a video demonstrating the problem. It was filmed by my stepson who couldn't seem to keep the quad in the frame but it serves the purpose lol.

So I crashed the other day.

When my PV2 took off, it drifted towards the house. I panicked and went left when I shoulda went right. Long story short I snapped the 2 propellers and one rotor seemed to not spin well after. I replaced the two rotors on the side that hit the house and connected my equipment up to the Vision Assistant and recalibrated. Now it seems to fly even worse! Drifts about (even with GPS lock) and throttles way up without my hands even touching the controls. I have to fight to get it back down to earth.

I'm going to replace the other two rotors since I noticed one of the rotors I didn't replace , stuttering. However, I have very little faith in being able to diagnose and fix this on my own.

Kaozom, the company I bought it from last year won't help, they're deferring to DJI. DJI hasn't answered ANY of my e-mails (3 e-mails and going on three weeks now) and I don't have three hours to be on hold when I call them. Are there any suggestions from anybody here???. Is there some place I can ship this to to be fixed? Please, please help me! I love my phantom and I want it back. I have flown over 2 dozen times and was becoming a more proficient pilot it was just that one moment of fear and panic that caused this whole situation. (The bird was only about 4 feet high).

I'm not sure how to post it here but I also have a video demonstrating the problem. It was filmed by my stepson who couldn't seem to keep the quad in the frame but it serves the purpose lol.

When you recalibrated P2 Vision did that include an advanced IMU calibration? That is one of the most calibration do after a crash. Make sure it's advance and not the basic.

When you recalibrated P2 Vision did that include an advanced IMU calibration? That is one of the most calibration do after a crash. Make sure it's advance and not the basic.

Yes I did

I did do an advanced IMU Cal. and it did seem to take. All the parameters fell in line
I Used the following guide on Dropbox: Guide to the Phantom 2 Vision & Vision+
V. Apr-08-2015 – By Fantomas

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj