Lost

1180204466575117201.png

Reactions: Meta4
What questions do you have about it?

You are a master of suspense ;)

Reactions: NoOne
I'd be looking around 43 27'48.17N 71 48'50.28W or equivalent UTM272364.35E 4816121.47N

1400 meters straight line from launch point on a bearing of 319.8 degrees.

Last GPS ground level 1208 feet and launch point was 712 feet. So 496 foot difference ground level to ground level excluding tree height. Seems the data had flight altitude @ 422 ft.

Reactions: todd hawkeye
OK .. I've had a look at the flight and here's what I came up with.
i-fqjxTsS-XL.jpg

The thin black line in the bottom panel is your line-of-sight from home to the Phantom.
Add a little extra height above the land profile for the tree cover.
You can see that you were flying toward higher ground the whole time.
The end of the black line near the little Phantom is your height at the end of the flight.
The land continues to rise beyond the point where the flight ended.
I hit the rth when i lost the signal. I should have just done nothing. Just watched the flight again as soon as it turns around I'm done. Alt was 422ft. Battery was 80%. Vs and hs was 0. It's like it dropped for some reason. Control sticks were not touched. I thought maybe I panicked and csc but I didn't
Signal was lost when the signal was partially blocked by tree cover on top of the ridge in the middle.
This is the signal from the Phantom to you, but the Phantom was still able to receive signal from the Phantom.
It received your RTH as shown by HealthyDrones but there are no more flight records after that..
If the Phantom had followed the RTH path, it would maintained its height at 1136 feet (above sea level) and easily cleared any terrain an the way home.
It looks to me that the flight ended when your Phantom ran into the trees at about the same time or very shortly after you initiated RTH.
It may have brushed a tree at that point or possibly started returning and run into the top of a taller tree

But at the point where this happened, Google Earth shows an elevation of 1057 feet + trees with higher ground immediately behind.
At a flight height of about 1136 feet, it appears that the Phantom probably clipped trees very close to the end of the line as shown in HD.
I'd be looking around 43 27'48.17N 71 48'50.28W or equivalent UTM272364.35E 4816121.47N
I plotted this point (P3) and it appears to be about 400 feet north of the crash site and too high.
I'd start searching at 43 27 44.71N 71 48 48.29W or in UTM 272405 4816013
If the Phantom didn't hit trees right there it may have gone 50-70 feet southeast where Google Earth shows what might be a taller tree. Beyond that everything looks like it would have been clear.
If you need anything clarified or want the GPS location expressed another way don't hesitate to ask.
You can see a bigger view of the figure here: Phantom 3 - Above & Beyond Photography
i-6PshPwq-XL.jpg

Reactions: DaGunn
Good job meta4. I think you're correct, seems I had the same looking tree 400 ft away from the actual tree.

Still......great minds work together lol

Bottom line is we hope you find your bird Todd Hawkeye.

ok I have a garmin Oregon series hand held gps I need to enter a waypoint somehow any suggestions

ps it looked to me that as soon as I hit rth the radar icon turned towards me , then nothing. could it have hit that tree before I hit rth? I think it has to be close to that spot.

ok I just looked at your chart again it would not follow the same flight route but a direct route home,,am I correct

For some stupid reason I thought that if I was flying up hill it would maintain that elevation in which I headed out at. Now I know. I'm surprised it made it as far as it did .

Hope you find it. I'm rooting for you!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think if you can get up there (coordinates) and spend some time looking around in the high percentage area, you will find it.

Better now than when leaves return to the trees.

I know I'm pulling for ya.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik