Lost

Just stay on topic, read the whole thread.. You can learn much more by being on the ball.

RedHotPoker

Last edited by a moderator:
If you know where it went down or better yet had video of where it is it would be easy to find some climber to go get it. it's just that it seems so many of them are really close and still have a hard time locating them. But I can't imagine it being hard to find somebody once you know where it is.there are many climbing groups throughout the country.

OK, I have had some communication with him and has no PC to use so it is only the iPad. So no way to use HD. I told him to consult the logs in the go app.

Sorry about your loss. I think I'd be checking around for some mountaineers who might be willing to recover your Phantom.

Yes you can buy the P3P aircraft/gimbal alone but to be honest it is damned near as much as buying the complete package. That isn't really so bad though because you can sell the old controller & charger, & you'll get an extra battery & props too. Or you could use the old controller for modding with an upgraded antenna & still have a stock one for normal stuff.

Yes I'll be getting another and I will post my flight as soon as possible. This was totally my fault by dropping down that ridge to head to my destination PS I just got my drone covered under my home owner policy. My question is can I just buy a p3p without anything else

I just looked at the flight log and it stopped after I hit rth my rth was set for 80m. I was flying at 420 feet when I went behind the ridge. So it dropped and try to come home stupid rookie mistake. I am going to try and over lay flight map with topo and go in from backside hopefully I have a hand held gps with satellite imagery so maybe I can match it up and get close. Never again without agps puck glued on

If I scroll through the flight log map it is pretty informated of direction and altitude. Map is overlayed over satellite imagery. It also shows what mode I was in. As soon as I hit rth it stopped

Yes I'll be getting another and I will post my flight as soon as possible. This was totally my fault by dropping down that ridge to head to my destination PS I just got my drone covered under my home owner policy. My question is can I just buy a p3p without anything else

Yes you can! They sell just the bird on all models! Check out Phantom 3 Replacement parts. I think a Pro is $999 without the remote

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just looked at the flight log and it stopped after I hit rth my rth was set for 80m. I was flying at 420 feet when I went behind the ridge. So it dropped and try to come home stupid rookie mistake. I am going to try and over lay flight map with topo and go in from backside hopefully I have a hand held gps with satellite imagery so maybe I can match it up and get close. Never again without agps puck glued on
It should not have dropped. If above the set RTH altitude and you lose signal for more than 3 seconds, it should attempt to return at its current altitude. If below the set RTH, then it ascends to RTH altitude then starts home. Since you state you flew behind a ridge, the end result is going to be the same, but if you do decide to look for it, when searching be sure to take into account the altitude at the time of signal loss in estimating its location, not the RTH setting.

If I scroll through the flight log map it is pretty informated of direction and altitude. Map is overlayed over satellite imagery. It also shows what mode I was in. As soon as I hit rth it stopped
If you can sort out HealthyDrones, there are lots of possibilities to help narrow down the search area.
Here are a couple of examples:
Last flight before crash :( | DJI Phantom Forum
Professional - Drone lost after signal lost... What can i do ? | DJI Phantom Forum

I hit the rth when ilost the signal. I should have just done nothing. Just watched the flight again as soon as it turns around I'm done. Alt was 422ft. Battery was 80%. Vs and hs was 0. It's like it dropped for some reason. Control sticks were not touched. I thought maybe I panicked and csc but I didn't

I hit the rth when ilost the signal. I should have just done nothing. Just watched the flight again as soon as it turns around I'm done. Alt was 422ft. Battery was 80%. Vs and hs was 0. It's like it dropped for some reason. Control sticks were not touched. I thought maybe I panicked and csc but I didn't
Upload your logs or the Healthydrones link and I can look at the terrain to see what really happened.
See the examples in post #34
Without the actual data, it's just guessing.

Headed up ridge 6:30 this am. Used my flight map and my Garmin which has satellite images. Mathed them up and searched. I could only go by last recorded track. Tried looking at protected heading when signal lost. No luck. Set up a memorial up there. Like I said before , these new Hampshire woods have eaten bigger things than my p3. Very sad. Have a friend who will help with healthy drones and will post asap

Has is occurred that maybe a hiker or hunter or something got it? Did you have your phone number on it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20