Lost

Lost p3p
OK so today I hiked in with my gps . I brought survey tape and tied around trees and kept moving out from the coordinate i received from you folks. No luck. I k ow its there .close. Will head back up tomorrow and widen the search.

Lost p3p
OK so today I hiked in with my gps . I brought survey tape and tied around trees and kept moving out from the coordinate i received from you folks. No luck. I k ow its there .close. Will head back up tomorrow and widen the search.
I think a second Phantom is a great idea - faster and can see the tops of the trees, in case it's stuck up high. But i don't fancy your chances of looking for a white Phantom on snow..

Got home at 6 and took my new bird up for a test flight with the new gps puck mounted .weighs 3.3 ounces. When I landed the rear right motor was smoking.. New bird called Best Buy will exchange in am I can't win

Unfortunately, of course, the Phantom doesn't know the 'current' ground level (although perhaps some future version with 'obstacle avoidance' technology might be able to do this).

Unfortunately your mistake (having your RtH height lower than an obstacle that's in the path to home) is very common. FYA, here's a crash of my own that happened (with a P2V+) a couple of years ago. (Fortunately, it crashed into soft 'ice plant', and survived undamaged.)
Your not flying around the Monterey Bay Area are you?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That tree cover looks pretty solid in Google Earth ... how high are the trees?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl