Lost video and never regained it

Reaction score
Anybody have that happen? I lost video around 10400' and hit RTH. It came home and it never regained video feed for some reason.

today, I was less than 1km away with 4 bars of control and video signal and tried to use the photo bracketing option. It took 5 continuous shots and then I lost the video signal. I waited a few seconds and then I pressed RTH. GPS signal was full and as soon as it was visible I regained control. I pressed the video button to record my descent just in case, and the video feed suddenly reappeared. Spooky!

Stuff like this always happened with the p2v+ and I know the p3 lightbridge is a different system but Its bound to happen from time to time probably because it's the same app maker. It's still a bit away from being perfect

It happens to me sometimes Android N7 II, the whole app just shuts down then with out panicking as I know it happens now, the app just restarts. I think I have an app on it that is interfering with the Pilot Program. I started deleting apps I no longer use. Maybe It's a memory thing while writing to the card?

I have been finding that as long as I leave the camera settings alone everything seems to work fine. It's when I start to change the settings such as bracketing, time lapse or changing the ISO or shutter speed is when I get the disconnects. As I'm not much of a photographer I never played with these and all was good. But now that I'm trying to get better with the camera I'm running into the disconnects.

I've lost signal from flying out too far and the image just freezes. RTH works but the image just stays frozen as it comes back into contact.

Interesting, I will be flying today so will give it a try. I set my camera before takeoff and other than switching between photo & movie mode don't play with it much. I will do that today and see if I get a disconnect, we need to narrow this glitch down so DJI can fix it.

Reactions: Fjallis
I have been finding that as long as I leave the camera settings alone everything seems to work fine. It's when I start to change the settings such as bracketing, time lapse or changing the ISO or shutter speed is when I get the disconnects. As I'm not much of a photographer I never played with these and all was good. But now that I'm trying to get better with the camera I'm running into the disconnects.

I have the same experience on occasion when I adjust photo settings.

mine happened when i pressed the short cut back button to go to map view. My Mini 2 is clean with only the pilot App on it, and has only happened on 1.1.9

upon examining the flight photos, I did not find the 5 bracketing shots I took, there were only 2 of them. So I suppose it had to do something with writing to the memory card (I have both jpg and dng enabled, it must have slowed it down somehow). But pressing the video record key brought the whole thing back, I will keep that in mind.

Yup - happened to me - as soon as I'd updated to 1.1.9 on my first outing I lost video about 10 seconds into the flight and it didn't come back until I landed and rebooted the bird. Hasn't done it again :rolleyes:

I thought this very same thing. If I just turn it on and hit the video Its good. If I start taking pics and changing things in advanced, it craps out. Only mine doesn't restart. I have to unplug the cable and reboot the app. At least we have the controller still.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic