Lost Phantom 4 pro obsidian

Reaction score
Hi Guys

My device ran low on battery on the return journey causing the automatic landing to take place. I lost reception with the drone whilst it was sill at 370 ft. I have no idea of the exact current location but have a really rough idea. It would be a help if any of you guys had an idea of what the phantom would do after reception was lost I.e. decend straight down or glide gradually to land. This would give me a better idea of where to look. Decent rate at time of lost connection was 6.5 mph and the speed was 20mph.

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Hi Guys

My device ran low on battery on the return journey causing the automatic landing to take place. I lost reception with the drone whilst it was sill at 370 ft. I have no idea of the exact current location but have a really rough idea. It would be a help if any of you guys had an idea of what the phantom would do after reception was lost I.e. decend straight down or glide gradually to land. This would give me a better idea of where to look. Decent rate at time of lost connection was 6.5 mph and the speed was 20mph.

If it entered autoland due to low battery it will have descended vertically, which is not consistent with a horizontal speed of 20 mph. You should probably post the log for analysis since it is generally possible to pinpoint the landing location quite accurately.

Hi Guys

Mate I heard you shout ,hope you can find it ok,me old p4s had esc beeping mode ,does this have that,,turn it on and go looking mayby batt stayed in drone and still powered up so should make some noise,,,,best of luck

Hi Guys

LMAO! Hope this teaches you [and others] to keep the thing in LOS, which is the responsible thing to do, for this very reason alone if no other. Sorry to laugh at the situation but you brought this upon yourself for being careless.

LMAO! Hope this teaches you [and others] to keep the thing in LOS, which is the responsible thing to do, for this very reason alone if no other. Sorry to laugh at the situation but you brought this upon yourself for being careless.

Your kidding right , this is more of a lesson in watching your battery level and also taking wind considerations with long flight , VLOS is for people who are scared to unlock their drones full potential, nothing more nothing less...

Reactions: Quest-So
Your kidding right , this is more of a lesson in watching your battery level and also taking wind considerations with long flight , VLOS is for people who are scared to unlock their drones full potential, nothing more nothing less...
No joke. This is about being a responsible pilot. Too many think they can circumvent rules, laws and plain common sense and do whatever they want without care for the consequences, and then come crying for help. This is not about compassion for the so called pilot, rather for the others out there that have a strong possibility of being injured by the carelessness shown here.

VLOS is the ONLY way to safely operate a consumer grade drone and has nothing to do with being "scared", which is an incredibly irresponsible response. There are reasons for these rules & regulations. Just because YOU think it is alright, doesn't make it so.

Reactions: Julius13
Hey Fat Albert VLOS is not for people who are scared to unlock their drones full potential, it is for responsible pilots. I would bet you don't even have a part 107. Squirrel is right, there is a lesson to be learned, but he should have planned on having enough battery to come back all the way, and had the drone in his sight. Usually the drone will RTH when the battery gets that critical juncture, so I do not understand why that did not happen. But for you to post crap about people being scared is 100% irresponsible and wrong. If that is how you fly, I hope you are in the middle of no where, where you can't do any harm to anyone. Who knows, maybe we will read about something stupid you did that got yourself arrested and in trouble. Seems that is how you like to fly. So don't post crap like you did. New pilots need to know there are reasons for these types of rules. When BVLOS is lifted, then we as pilots should always proceed with caution and if possible have a VO with a set of binoculars to assist.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues