Phantom 4 Pro won't switch from 4K 60fps to 24 fps

Reaction score
Today when flying my P4P Obsidian, I attempted to switch my 4K 60fps to 24fps (while grounded) and listed of doing so, it paused for a moment and then lost connection to the aircraft and performed what looked like the App restating or crashing then coming back on. When it came back on, out was still at 60fps. Has anyone heard of such a thing? Any thoughts would be welcome because I've tried it all. ( If it helps I am flying in. 5.8GHz and always have,I live I a pretty congested city, but still not in a no-fly zone. I have never crashed it and regularly calibrate the compass.)

What happened the next time when you shut everything off, restarted and tried again?

Look at your file type. Mp4 or mov. My wont shoot in 60fps once you start messing with the options either. Its not too much of a pain but the only thing i found that helps is to reset the camera setting.. theres an option somewhere. Make sure you usong the right codec and shooting in jpg+raw. I know those things helped. Reset it. Put it in jpg+raw. Should switch next time you put it in 60fps. I went around and around with my autel. Like that hope it helps

Reactions: roosta, Oso and MTO
What happened the next time when you shut everything off, restarted and tried again?
The same thing. Unable to switch from 60fps to 24 fps without losing connection to the aircraft and restarting the app, then it just goes back to 60fps.

Look at your file type. Mp4 or mov. My wont shoot in 60fps once you start messing with the options either. Its not too much of a pain but the only thing i found that helps is to reset the camera setting.. theres an option somewhere. Make sure you usong the right codec and shooting in jpg+raw. I know those things helped. Reset it. Put it in jpg+raw. Should switch next time you put it in 60fps. I went around and around with my autel. Like that hope it helps
Thank you very much, simply resetting the camera setting did the trick. The reset camera settings is at the bottom of the little gear tab in camera settings. I am now able to switch from 60fps to whatever frame rate I like. Thanks again PhoenixOne!

Thank you very much, simply resetting the camera setting did the trick. The reset camera settings is at the bottom of the little gear tab in camera settings. I am now able to switch from 60fps to whatever frame rate I like. Thanks again PhoenixOne!
Man that's good to hear. Awesome. It worked for me as well. Like I said. My autel wasn't even showing 60fps in my options anymore.. it would show and shoot 50fps. In 4k+ 4k , 2.7 and 1080 but it wouldnt go in 60fps. No matter how i changed the options it wouldnt sbow 60fps anymore... once i reseted it, it worked. Im glad it worked with dji too! I think we just solved our first mystery scooby doo! Lol first time my knowledge has helped someone on here!! Makes me feel good lol. But I am pretty jealous of that obsidian ? glad it worked my man have a great day!

Man that's good to hear. Awesome. It worked for me as well. Like I said. My autel wasn't even showing 60fps in my options anymore.. it would show and shoot 50fps. In 4k+ 4k , 2.7 and 1080 but it wouldnt go in 60fps. No matter how i changed the options it wouldnt sbow 60fps anymore... once i reseted it, it worked. Im glad it worked with dji too! I think we just solved our first mystery scooby doo! Lol first time my knowledge has helped someone on here!! Makes me feel good lol. But I am pretty jealous of that obsidian ? glad it worked my man have a great day!
Hi
If you have selected video system NTFC you can select 60 and 30 frames/s. But if you select PAL you can use 50 and 25 f/s.

Reactions: PhoenixOne
Yes, thats correct. But you can choose what you like. It is only important if you want to see your videos on the tv set.
Then you must adapt to the standard.

Hah! Thanks for this. A silly overlook by me not knowing why I was having the same issue as OP. I was wondering this myself on the last couple of flights. Luckily, the video i was taking has no real requirement for specific fps.

RoOSTA

Lol I know what you mean. I was shooting in 50fps for a while and couldn't figure it out.. and i was like eh.. oh well.. it looks good to me.. but then i wanted to try slowmo. I have a train video on my YouTube on 50 fps. Looked awesome.

Lol I know what you mean. I was shooting in 50fps for a while and couldn't figure it out.. and i was like eh.. oh well.. it looks good to me.. but then i wanted to try slowmo. I have a train video on my YouTube on 50 fps. Looked awesome.
Hi
If You shoot in 50fps you have selected PAL as your videosystem. If you change to NTSC you can shoot in 60fps.
It is only important if you want to watch your videos on your tv. Then the video standard must match.

I appreciate the insight but yes i know. We were discussing how to change it further up. Thsnks

Make sure you are using H.264 codec and not the H.265. The latter is more restrictive on frame selection

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj