Lost P3P

Reaction score
Hi,
I lost my Phantom 3 Professional, had a lost signal and it never recovered. Really not sure what happened, I uploaded the flight log from the flight. I'm sure it's long gone, but can anyway tell from the flight log where it might have ended up. After I couldn't get it back, I drove over to the area where the last location was and walked around the whole area. Not sure if it just took off to never never land or hovered till the battery went dead. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Micky

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Not sure if it just took off to never never land or hovered till the battery went dead. Any kind of help would be appreciated.
In the last second of the flight record, there are some confusing error messages but they won't have made much difference.
You didn't leave the speed control off for long enough for me to get a good idea of the wind strength up 500 ft and whether that may have been an issue.
Again, that won't have made much difference.

The big problem showing in your flight log is that you took off with a partially discharged battery.
Doing that, the % indicator will give a false reading.
Looking at the cell voltage will show how bad things were.
If your battery cells get below 3.3V, it's all over.
Check the cell voltage in the last second or two and see what the battery was doing.
Until 0.2 secs before the data stops, you had the right stick pushed full forward but the Phantom pitched back hard rather than tilting forward.
It looks like it just ran out of battery power.
In that situation, there's only one possible outcome.

In the last second of the flight record, there are some confusing error messages but they won't have made much difference.
You didn't leave the speed control off for long enough for me to get a good idea of the wind strength up 500 ft and whether that may have been an issue.
Again, that won't have made much difference.

The big problem showing in your flight log is that you took off with a partially discharged battery.
Doing that, the % indicator will give a false reading.
Looking at the cell voltage will show how bad things were.
If your battery cells get below 3.3V, it's all over.
Check the cell voltage in the last second or two and see what the battery was doing.
Until 0.2 secs before the data stops, you had the right stick pushed full forward but the Phantom pitched back hard rather than tilting forward.
It looks like it just ran out of battery power.
In that situation, there's only one possible outcome.
Thanks for looking at it. I noticed the fluctuation on the cell voltage, didn't understand it, but it was highlighted a different color on the flight log, lol. Also have no clue what the Speed error was about (60mph at one point?). When the signal was lost on my iphone and controller I hit the RTH but to no avail. I was trying to pull the stick to bring it back since it was close to home, but why it was 500 ft is beyond me, but since the controller was red I figured it was getting useless what I was doing on the controller. Oh well, chock it up to experience I guess. :) Going to go back out today and look for it.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to look at the flight log.

Have you asked your neighbours, or asked at the houses near to where it came down, just a thought
Thank you for the reply. I looked around the area, but not sure if it actually went down around there. The footage just stopped at that point. So not sure if it was hovering or took off in some other direction until the battery died. Only me.....lol

Here again the fitting of a tracker, www.tractive.com would have allowed you to find exactly where your aircraft had landed.
Weighs 1.2 oz or 35 grams, and see the position superimposed on Google Earth. Cost approx. $50 with an additional $50 per year for the phone subscription.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl