Lost P3, No RTH, Log posted for review

Reaction score
Lost my P3. Video transmission / signal began to break up on a short flight out of my line of sight so I turned around and headed back in the general direction from where I took off. I actually flew beyond the takeoff point without seeing the P3 and then lost signal for good. I was counting on it returning to home if signal was completely lost but it never returned despite plenty of battery etc.. Not sure why it would not automatically have returned. Unfortunately in a very congested area so difficult to search.
Can someone review the flight log and advise what may have happened, why it did not return to home?
If signal is lost and it does not RTH, what will normally happen? will it continue on the same path at the last know speed, stop and hover until it runs out of battery and drop at that location, auto land or what typically happens? It appeared my controller settings were set to RTH and not hover or auto land.

Thanks

Dropbox - DJIFlightRecord_2017-07-04_[14-14-25].txt

Attachments

• IMG_0168.JPG
    IMG_0168.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 291
  • DJIFlightRecord_2017-07-04_[14-14-25].txt
    964.3 KB · Views: 216
Lost my P3. Video transmission / signal began to break up on a short flight out of my line of sight so I turned around and headed back in the general direction from where I took off. I actually flew beyond the takeoff point without seeing the P3 and then lost signal for good. I was counting on it returning to home if signal was completely lost but it never returned despite plenty of battery etc.. Not sure why it would not automatically have returned. Unfortunately in a very congested area so difficult to search.
Can someone review the flight log and advise what may have happened, why it did not return to home?
If signal is lost and it does not RTH, what will normally happen? will it continue on the same path at the last know speed, stop and hover until it runs out of battery and drop at that location, auto land or what typically happens? It appeared my controller settings were set to RTH and not hover or auto land.

Thanks

Dropbox - DJIFlightRecord_2017-07-04_[14-14-25].txt
FYI that I uploaded your flight log to the site we always ask folks to use. Here is the link to your flight..

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart