Lost my P3A today in follow me mode

I never thought of that and I have no ideal if it would or not but the Phantom actually did a lot better job then I thought it would keeping up with me.I stopped a few times to make sure I could still see it and make sure it was following me.It would always be on the side where the blazing sun was for me to look into to try and locate it.If it wouldnt have been for the trees it would have been cool.Heres the full video.For some reason the crash is not on the sd card,I lifted the crash off the video on my phone.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cool video, except for the crash of course. How is she btw?

You mean Dink! They were pretty badass for the time they were around. Saw them with KMFDM and LoA in Dallas in the mid 90s. I'd never heard of them before that. Actually most of my memories of that night are wild colors and music if you catch my drift....LoA indeed!

Exactly! Cool setup though!

Hey Doink! When I was younger there was a local band called Doink! I loved that band.... you just got me thinking about the 90's!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Wouldn't the compass in the tablet/phone be adversely affected with the tablet/phone mounted vertically?
The compass in the phone/tablet WILL be affected by its proximity to the metal in the vehicle but that shouldn't affect the bird or its flight. The vertical orientation shouldn't have any bearing on the compass at all (at least it doesn't with my phone).

Last edited:
Cool video, except for the crash of course. How is she btw?

She's good.It had 1 tip broke off prop and that was it.When I got home I charged up battery and flew it and it did fine.

I dont know how fast my top speed was in the buggy but gps data on the phone says Phantom got up to 29 mph chasing me:)

You still need to have a device connected to the remote but if you use Litchi leash you can have any other device (providing it has gps) that the drone with fallow.. I never used it yet but it'll be good for you so you don't have to carry your RC with you

You still need to have a device connected to the remote but if you use Litchi leash you can have any other device (providing it has gps) that the drone with fallow.. I never used it yet but it'll be good for you so you don't have to carry your RC with you

Ok gotcha
thanks

IMG_8887.PNG
Thank goodness the app has this,I've seen so many threads on here of people losing their drone and if not for showing me the route on the map I would have never found it

Help me out here, follow me on a P3A was not DJI GO . Which app were you using?

Heres last 30 seconds
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Gotta love trees - it's like sometimes they have "phantom" hands that grab your Phantom when you're not lookin' LOL Crashed my old P2V+ 5 or 6 times majority in trees when most of the damage was done. Still flies though after replacing several components and bending straight others :)

Gotta love trees - it's like sometimes they have "phantom" hands that grab your Phantom when you're not lookin' LOL Crashed my old P2V+ 5 or 6 times majority in trees when most of the damage was done. Still flies though after replacing several components and bending straight others :)

Isnt that the truth:mad: The only times I crashed my phantom 1 was in trees

Made a video a while back of my P3A following me on the beach in my 1 seater dune buggy{1990 Honda Pilot}
Well it didnt go so well because trying to drive and hold the RC didnt work so well.I knew I was going riding today so I built this holder this week to hold my RC.It worked well but the sun was so fricking bright I couldnt see anything on the screen of course and I would keep stopping to look up and see if Phantom was still following.
Well must not have had it up high because I stopped and it had disappeared with GPS signal loss.
Video is comingView attachment 66791 View attachment 66792 View attachment 66792

Nice job on the home made holders.

Reactions: htownphantom
I dont think it was sarcasm, just my guess. But mine aint, those holders did the job and who cares if they arent painted to match? Its 4 wheelin in the country, you fixed a "problem" and made it better. Thats cool in all of my books.

Reactions: htownphantom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic